Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Why not just use a 2% card and not worry about points redemptions?
I need to spend those points. 20k points just do not have the best value. So the incremental value of the extra $5k spending is more than 2 cpps.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Okay, that wasn't clear from the original message.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:34 pm
Suspended

I just wish BA/Merrill could have expanded this card offering to be a real premium card, such as Chase CSR/CSP, AmEx Plat/Gold, or Citi Prestige/Premier.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I had high hopes for it, too. Now I use it twice per year for $5 just to keep it active.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Years ago this card one one of the great ones with all the bonus perks on a fee free card. Funny none of the bloggers ever mentioned it becuase they didnt get paid to.
Since I still have it in my wallet I have some points still in there. I wet recently to book a simple economy flight and found out they now stick you with basic economy seats
rather than a regular economy seat. This is with the exception of Jetblue which doesnt have basic economy and I guess Southwest. I called the redemption center and they said they had
many complaints from customers.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended

Different Redemption Scales (2 Accounts)

Here is something that is puzzling me. We get two accounts, one with less than 25,000 and the other with more than 50,000 points. With the lower account, the redemption table looks much more expensive. For testing purposes with the round trip purchase below:

Then the same flight from within the account with higher point balance:

The 2nd table is the normal redemption table. I just wonder if there is penalty with the first one since the balance already dropped below 25k. Do not know what is going on. Plan to call the concierge in the morning to figure out.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by robertw477
Years ago this card one one of the great ones with all the bonus perks on a fee free card. Funny none of the bloggers ever mentioned it becuase they didnt get paid to.
So true especially when we used to get free nights at a Ritz-Carlton for achieving certain levels of spend. Like you I keep it because I have points but it doesn't ever get used other than to keep the account active.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
It looks like all benefits are still active. What am I missing?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
It looks like all benefits are still active. What am I missing?
I'm confused! All the benefits that the card had in the recent past are still active...we were just discussing benefits that existed when the card was introduced that have since been removed. If you're good with the current benefits then you are not missing anything.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:34 am
Suspended

Spoke with a very knowledgeable Merrill rep. She said they still serve the Octave card. But the Accolades card has been changed to Merrill+ and there is no more. There is nothing new about all those Merrill cards and they still service them. She still says this card offers better benefits, but earn less than the new BA Premium Reward and other BA CCs.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Spoke with a very knowledgeable Merrill rep. She said they still serve the Octave card. But the Accolades card has been changed to Merrill+ and there is no more. There is nothing new about all those Merrill cards and they still service them. She still says this card offers better benefits, but earn less than the new BA Premium Reward and other BA CCs.
I am a Merrill edge customer, could I apply for the Octave card still? I knew it had to still be around! Do you have one?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dchrist777
I am a Merrill edge customer, could I apply for the Octave card still? I knew it had to still be around! Do you have one?
All the Merrill Lynch CCs are orphan CCs. Can't apply any.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
All the Merrill Lynch CCs are orphan CCs. Can't apply any.
Bummer
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:05 pm

Can I convert another MBNA card to the Merill Lynch Visa?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:33 pm

Merrill 24 hour free cancellation

Looking to book a flight. How easy is the 24 hour free flight cancelation process? Any hoops or fees to jump through? Also, if booking an AA flight, and I want to pay for main cabin extra seats, can I do so after booking through AA website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.