Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Yea BofA is changing their cards the same way. Can you post a picture
Just imagine this picture with everything blank, but your name starting where the first digit of the credit card number is. Yes, that high on the card.

On the back it has your name, card number, and, "Valid Thru XX/XX" in the bottom left. Black signature strip..Silver magstripe to match the same shade as the bull on the front.

Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Yea BofA is changing their cards the same way. Can you post a picture
Here are some pictures, the lettering on the front and back is similar to what Chase uses on the Sapphire Preferred and Reserve, and the Marriott card. The quality is not as good as Chase though, there are spots where the lettering material has small potholes, it is not applied evenly. You can mainly notice it in the picture at the top of the number 2, and somewhat in the number 4 but it is also noticeable throughout the valid through area.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:35 am

I went ahead and redeemed my 53,000 points for this card fairly quickly given the risk of shut downs. I chose to book two placeholder AS flights (more than 60 days out) for $504.90 each (costing 25k each) and then redeemed the remaining 3k points to my BOA checking account.

Now I have $1,009.80 in my AS wallet (one year to use) and added $30 to my BOA checking account. I'm quite content.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Just used all my points (plus $ on top) for 2 round trip tickets in First around Christmas time.
1) using miles UA 25 coach each way (50k first)
2) using miles AA 45k first one way 55k the other (the day I originally planned was 90k)
3) flying coach was not much cheaper (100-200 each each pP) > but then add luggage/preferred seating/....
It would have cost me app 200k miles or $1920 (using miles not a good value - but a lot of $) .... thankfully I remembered this card ... bingo ... only $750 cash .... feeling lucky
So
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Does anyone have any ideas how to book a mixed cabin redemption via the portal? There is a booking that I know is a mix of R/I seats, but the portal only returns the fare with R seats...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:22 am

Just another DP for those who are still interested in this card. I got this card approved on the 9/18, achieved the $3k threshold on 9/20. Just redeemed the 50k points today.

Last edited by dinkoh; Sep 27, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just used all my points (plus $ on top) for 2 round trip tickets in First around Christmas time.
1) using miles UA 25 coach each way (50k first)
2) using miles AA 45k first one way 55k the other (the day I originally planned was 90k)
3) flying coach was not much cheaper (100-200 each each pP) > but then add luggage/preferred seating/....
It would have cost me app 200k miles or $1920 (using miles not a good value - but a lot of $) .... thankfully I remembered this card ... bingo ... only $750 cash .... feeling lucky
So
did you get book in BULK fare?

Also general question, does booking with ML always brings you to BULK/UNPUBLISHED Fare?
do I still get 24 hour free cancellation as airlines allow when booked directly?

Last edited by justsawaufo; Sep 26, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:14 pm

Got $1k in my AS My Wallet! Super stoked.

Any ideas on what to do with the 3k remaining points in my account?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:47 am

I'm trying to turn my 50k Merrill+ points into Jetblue travel bank credit. How do I search for Jetblue "flex" fares in the M+ portal? I want to make sure I'm avoiding the $75 cancellation fee on the cheapest tickets.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:23 am

Cashing in points on Merrill card

Originally Posted by rjs11
I went ahead and redeemed my 53,000 points for this card fairly quickly given the risk of shut downs. I chose to book two placeholder AS flights (more than 60 days out) for $504.90 each (costing 25k each) and then redeemed the remaining 3k points to my BOA checking account.

Now I have $1,009.80 in my AS wallet (one year to use) and added $30 to my BOA checking account. I'm quite content.
Can I just move all 53,000 points to $530 cash in my checking account?
And how is this done?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:24 am

Is this Merrill card still available by phone?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No. Gone since around Sept. 15.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
How to change flight time on flight award

Does anyone know how to change a Merrill+ flight award? Does it cost money? There is some language about a $30 fee on the website. I booked two one way Jetblue Mint tickets using two 25K flight awards. I had to book the flight at a later time then my preferene because the flight I wanted was showing up as more expensive on the Merrill+ website versus the Jetblue website which has all Mint flights at the same price. I'm Jetblue Mosaic so I tried calling Jetblue to change the flight time since the flights cost the same but they said since I booked through a travel agent I would have to have the travel agent call to make the change but that the Jetblue change fee would be waived because of my status as long as the agent lets them know. Anyone have experience with this?
tscateh likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by rjs11

This was indeed a sweet deal. I also managed to make the same conversion into my AS wallet. Probably keeping the card for a while for the fond memories it brings me every time I see it
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:49 pm

Merrill+ Plus Benefit Travel Credit

My MIL has this card and has qualified for the Plus level benefits. She will not be doing any traveling, but I want her to be able to take advantage of the benefits, and be able to use the travel credit for my BIL to use for flights. Are we able to buy gift cards (~$50 increments) and have it qualify for the $200 Travel Credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.