Wiki Posts
Search

GM Mastercard Now has Travel Awards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2000, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
GM Mastercard Now has Travel Awards

The GM Mastercard allows you to earn credits at a rate of 5% of all purchases. Until now you could redeem the credits only on the purchase of a GM car or truck. Now they have extended it to a number of travel awards, including discounts on AA and stays at Marriott and Ritz Carlton.

Information is at http://www.gmcard.com
Old Apr 15, 2000, 7:27 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I think someone mentioned that the earning rate is only 5% when used for GM vehicles and it is less when used for travel and other items ...
Old Apr 15, 2000, 6:08 pm

Location: leawood,ks,usa, dl lifetime gold,,aa lifetime gold,hyattplatinum
I CHECKED THE WEBSITE, AND THERE APPEARS TO BE NO "DISCOUNT" FROM THE 5% FOR MOST OF THE ITEMS!!!!!

Information is at http://www.gmcard.com [/B][/QUOTE]

Old Apr 15, 2000, 9:41 pm

I just got an invitation brochure
It *mentions* other awards with no details whatsoever - unlike GM vehicles - and gives the impression they're still "working on defining them". I wouldn't count on 5% being there for AA etc...
Old Apr 16, 2000, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Here's the offer on American - redeem $50 in GM card earnings (at 5% you would need to put $1000 on the card) and get an AA coupon, valid for up to 4 persons, worth -

$25 each off a ticket of $150-249 OR
$50 each off a ticket of $250-349 OR
$75 each off a ticket of $350-499 OR
$100 each of a ticket of $500 or more

So I guess it's just a matter of what you think such a coupon is worth. Obviously, it depends on how you use it.
Old Apr 16, 2000, 1:35 pm

Looks like they updated the info:
(more at: http://www.gmcard.com/generic/a_indexnvredeem.html )
-------------
The GM Card is proud to announce a special new airfare offer for our Cardmembers through American Airlines. Redeem $50 in GM Card Earnings and receive:

* A $25 discount on domestic flights within the 48 contiguous United States, Mexico, and Hawaii on fares from $150 to $249 - or

* A $50 discount on domestic flights within the 48 contiguous United States, Mexico, and Hawaii on fares from $250 to $349 or on flights to Europe on fares from $300 to $399 - or

* A $75 discount on domestic flights within the 48 contiguous United States, Mexico, and Hawaii on fares from $350 to $499 or on flights to Europe on fares from $400 to $499 - or

* A $100 discount on domestic flights within the 48 contiguous United States, Mexico, Hawaii or on flights to Europe on fares $500 and up.

This special offer is good for up to four tickets per reservation.

Once you redeem your GM Card Earnings, you will receive a confirmation letter within 7-10 business days. This confirmation letter will contain an authorization code. Provide this authorization code to American Airlines when making your reservation. If you would like to obtain general information on American Airlines travel destinations, departure times, or fare information, please call American Airlines at 1-800-433-1790.

Terms and Conditions:
A 14-day advance purchase is necessary and Saturday night stay is required. Other restrictions and blackout dates apply. This offer is good for one reservation of up to four tickets and is non-transferable and non-returnable. This offer is valid for twelve months from the date of issue. Offer expires December 31, 2001.
Old Apr 16, 2000, 1:36 pm

Looks like I was beaten by 1 minute on this one!
Old Apr 16, 2000, 4:25 pm

Actually, this information was posted a number of weeks ago. So previous thread/discussion on this at:

see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/002503.html
Old Apr 19, 2000, 3:21 am
Original Member

Ritz Carlton is now available too. However, this is only valid for Ritz Carlton hotels and not the Ritz hotels (Paris, for example).
Old Apr 19, 2000, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
The discount for AA is the same as the discount in the Entertainment book for NW and CO which AA will match - and that's with an Entertainment book code number. One purchase - unlimited uses of the coupon. They have to do better than that. A Starpoints card is a far better deal. $1000 translates into 1000 miles.

------------------
DtG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.