Wiki Posts
Search

You can't make this stuff up!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 1999, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
You can't make this stuff up!

I got a solicitation for a Platinum MasterCard in the mail today, from a bank I've never heard of. Even though they are offering no annual fee and 0% APR for six months (14.35% thereafter), I'm not in the market for a new credit card this week, so this one gets tossed. However, one of the inducements is that they offer to "personalize" your credit card with a photo that you supply. There are, of course, certain restrictions on the photograph:

Prohibited Matter for Photographs
  • Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter, offensive religious matter, or profanity of any nature.
  • Sexual or political subject matter of any nature.
  • Advertising or self-promotion (e.g. personal business card) of any nature.
  • Copyrighted materials or branded products or services including abbreviations, acronyms and/or symbols of any nature.
  • Telephone numbers or services of any nature.
  • Celebrities, musicians, athletes, entertainers, public figures, etc. of any nature.
  • Affiliations with groups that are in any way of a "socially unacceptable" nature.
  • Subject matter of any nature, which might result in card acceptance confusion by merchants.
  • Subject matter of any nature, which might result in card fraud.
  • The Bank reserves the right to deem any photograph not suitable, in which case an alternate card design will be issued automatically upon processing of the Acceptance Form.

One thing's for sure: if I had otherwise been inclined to accept this offer, I'd really want to do business with these guys after reading the above.

------------------
I'm only in it for the mileage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.