Curve Card USA

Old Jul 1, 22, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I'm going to be one of those OP's that disappear.

Curve has asked me a couple times to unlock my card and try to use it again. It gets declined every time (manually keying the physical card info online). I then lock it again. After the third time through this cycle I have decided that $10's of dollars in rewards and the utility gained by using something novel no longer outweighs the annoyance.
EmailKid and cuthroat like this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by highops View Post
I'm going to be one of those OP's that disappear.

Curve has asked me a couple times to unlock my card and try to use it again. It gets declined every time (manually keying the physical card info online). I then lock it again. After the third time through this cycle I have decided that $10's of dollars in rewards and the utility gained by using something novel no longer outweighs the annoyance.
I'm from the UK and have been using Curve for years. I love it, but I did wonder how their support would go down over here in the US. Americans won't put up with the shoddy service that people tolerate over in Europe. Totally understand why you got frustrated with them.
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
One last reply- I wouldn't hold my breath on AMEX. Even if AMEX were willing is seems a poor business model to collect 2.5% in interchange fees on the Mastercard network and pay 3.5% to use the AMEX network on every charge.
Old Jul 24, 22, 5:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I received Curve invitation. After entering my info - name, address, SSN, I got the message

Sorry, based on the information you provided, you are not eligible for curve account.
Anyone in the similar situation?
Old Jul 24, 22, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by invisible View Post
I received Curve invitation. After entering my info - name, address, SSN, I got the message
Anyone in the similar situation?
I tried twice on separate days. I even unfroze my reports just to make sure. Both times got the same message as you.
Not worth the hassle.
Old Jul 24, 22, 6:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by mangust View Post
Not worth the hassle.
I did not do anything except sending email to support 2 weeks ago. Needless to say - did not get any reply.

Search this Thread