Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Bilt Rewards Mastercard WikiPost

(10/7/23 Original author (Dr Jabadski) note: As I posted here on 9/9/23 Considering Ive been salivating about simple no-cost points-etizing (like monetizing) my condo payments for about 25 years, I see Bilt as a game changer. I should have added almost a Holy Grail (a thing that is eagerly pursued or sought after). I successfully applied for a Bilt Mastercard 1 month ago thus Im far from an expert. Both before and after approval I posted multiple questions many times on this thread and several other FTers were highly gracious and informative. Thought a WikiPost might save some others a good deal of time, effort and aggravation, at least in not repeating my questions and searching for the answers. I certainly hope the experts will edit and update this WikiPost as necessary. Im also exercising Writer's Prerogative to officially coin the term pointsetize, like monetize convert into or express in the form of currency, to earn points from payments which otherwise would not earn points.)

Bilt Rewards Mastercard (Bilt MC) was first launched in mid-2021, in good part as a no fee way to charge and pointsetize rent payments. (Perhaps the only no fee way to pointsetize rent payments.) There are multiple reports of earning Bilt points for paying condominium monthly maintenance/common charges, sometimes even when the word condo or condominium is in the transaction description.

Bilt MC is a personal credit card, WF reports credit card information to the various credit bureaus and Bilt MC will count toward Chase 5/24.

This post and this post (both from 9/7/23) describe shutdown reports perhaps related to micro transactions, fluctuating rent payment amounts or multiple rent payments. This 10/11/23 post includes several references to Reddit user quotes about shutdowns and several Reddit Bilt quotes in response.

Links to Bilt Rewards Terms of Use and Evolve Bank & Trust (Bilt Technologies) Customer Account Agreement. The Terms state Bilt may make available to you a Bilt Rent Account (Account), which is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments. The Agreement states: For the avoidance of doubt, the Account is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not an account that you may use to deposit or withdraw funds for any other purposes outside of rent payments.

Bilt MC is a metal card weighing ~16 grams (comparisons: AmEx biz plat 18.5 gm, AmEx Gold 15 gm, Chase Sapphire Reserve 13 gm, traditional plastic card 5 gm).

Bilt Mastercard is issued and managed by Wells Fargo. Bilt Rewards is a separate website and app (which contains some credit card information but not as much as WF website).

Most reports are of instant approvals, Wells Fargo reconsideration phone number and experiences are not well documented. Reported initial Credit Limits vary $4,000 - $30,000 with higher limits more commonly reported. This post (9/1/23) describes one instance of a Something went wrong message upon application and the steps toward approval several days later.

Rent payments can be made in multiple different ways. Bilt will provide a (bank) routing number and account number. ACH rent payments can be sent (deposited) by Bilt or withdrawn by a managing company.

Bilt MC is shipped via trackable no-signature-required First Class mail in a small (4.5 x 6.5) white box with unique packaging inside as pictured at the bottom of this post. As of Feb 2024 no reports of expedited shipping.

Reports on this thread starting in late November 2023 indicate this "quasi-SUB" may be offered randomly and/or only to some people, selection criteria unknown. This post may be the only report of being offered the quasi-SUB prior to Bilt Mastercard application, based on existing Bilt Rewards account. Bilt's quasi-SUB" is offered via an email and a text message notification the same day as card receipt informing of 5x/5 days/max 50K (email quoted verbatim in this post). (Quasi* due to very short duration in contrast to many traditional SUBs of 3 month duration.) Please note this quasi-SUB maxs out at $12,500 (not $10,000) and tax payments will count. No reports yet of returns and their effect on quasi-SUB. (* quasi- a combining form meaning resembling, having some, but not all of the features of, used in the formation of compound words: quasi-definition; quasi-monopoly; quasi-official; quasi-scientific.)

Newly earned Bilt points will display as pending until 5 transactions per statement cycle. After 5 transactions, points will post and become available shortly after a transaction, before statement date. The Bilt Rewards website has a transaction counter which disappears upon reaching 5.

Bilt points for linking partner programs (100 points each) and for adding a credit card to Bilt Wallet (100 points each for first 3) post immediately. Original author received 500 point bonus for first rent payment.

Bilt Rewards points are transferable at 1:1 usually within a few minutes to multiple different airline and hotel programs.

Theres discussion of the long term viability of Bilt with some of those posts linked at the bottom of this post after BREAK.

Bilt Status Tiers: Blue - anyone enrolled in Bilt Rewards with under 25,000 points, Silver - 25,000 points earned, Gold - 50,000 points earned, Platinum - 100,000 points earned. Tier status earned at any point in a year remains active through the end of the following year. Earn Interest on Points (Silver, Gold, Platinum Tiers) is minimal, discussed on this post and this post.

Bilt Points Quest Trivia on the first of each month offers up to 250 points for correctly answering, within 10 seconds, 6 (out of 15-20) questions. Must get first 5 questions (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 points) correct to see the 6th bonus 100 point question. Theres often a Reddit thread with the Q & A. (Point Quest - October 2023 Answers) The lower half of this post has comments from a highly experienced test taker regarding memory, recall and studying for Points Quest Trivia.

Bilt also has various RentFree games, available a few days prior to and/or on the 1st of the month, different people get different games. Could be a Family Feud style question with enough time to Google answers or a Where's Wally? (Bilt Brick) type of game or something else. Successful completion enters to be one of 3 people for whom Bilt pays their monthly rent (up to $2500).

List of Bilts Rent Day promotions going back to October 2022 at the bottom of the page here: DEALSPOINTS.

June 2024: Bottom of this post describes one persons experience paying a significant assessment (and earning points) with Bilt MC, at this time (only 3 weeks later) no report of clawback or shutdown (based on using Bilt to pay rent more than once a month and/or for something other than rent/condo fees).

June 2024: Bottom of this post contains Bilt quotes regarding Bilt BiltProtect.

June 2024: Important post (and link) stating that WF is losing money every month on Bilt.

Print Wikipost

Bilt Mastercard

Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Is it a WF, Bilt or timing thing - paid off my balance yesterday and the available credit still shows as if I have not.
Both WF and Bilt show the same thing, 0 balance and only 1/3 of credit available.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:06 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by dsauch
.... paid off my balance yesterday and the available credit still shows as if I have not.
How long has the account been open and how did you make the payment?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How long has the account been open and how did you make the payment?
this is my first month, first statement just closed
paid as a pull from bank account
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:47 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
....first statement just closed paid as a pull from bank account
From the issuer's perspective they have received payment drawn on "a" bank account, but they need time for the funds to clear -and- to gain confidence that it is "your" bank account.
dw likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
From the issuer's perspective they have received payment drawn on "a" bank account, but they need time for the funds to clear -and- to gain confidence that it is "your" bank account.
right... After they've connected the account via plaid via MFA and drawn the funds via ACH, they are waiting for funds to "clear". With all due respect it sounds more like It issue than "compliance".

What has other card users' experience been with balance reset on payment?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:45 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
right... After they've connected the account via plaid via MFA and drawn the funds via ACH, they are waiting for funds to "clear". With all due respect it sounds more like It issue than "compliance".

What has other card users' experience been with balance reset on payment?
I had an existing relationship with WF but no cards currently open and I recall it also took a few days for them to release my credit line on my Bilt card after making my first payment. Wasnt an issue the second month.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Bilt is now doing a Rent Day where all non-rent payments are double points (dining is 6x, travel is 4x, everything else is 2x).

6x/4x/2x Hyatt isn't shabby IMO.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Bilt is now doing a Rent Day where all non-rent payments are double points (dining is 6x, travel is 4x, everything else is 2x).

6x/4x/2x Hyatt isn't shabby IMO.
This is clever and unique, I like it. First Rent Day falls on this Saturday and aligns well with my plans . And I will delay buying airfare until Saturday to capture the 4x.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:43 pm

Does anyone have DPs if applications for this card have been approved for non permanent residents / citizens of the US. Ive heard Wells Fargo doesnt approve credit cards if youre not a citizen/PR.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fedolefan
Does anyone have DPs if applications for this card have been approved for non permanent residents / citizens of the US. Ive heard Wells Fargo doesnt approve credit cards if youre not a citizen/PR.
I can give you a DP as a non-PR but the caveat is that I got the card before WF became the issuer.
fedolefan likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:34 pm

Bilt CC aproval question

I just applied for a Bilt Master Card through a link provided by our Avalon Bay
community rental portal. It filled out the address information. But then
Bilt said I was only approved for $1500. So the card can't be used to
pay Boston rent obviously (maybe Bilt knows something about Boston
rents that I do not?). I logged in using a PC. Bilt then asked me
for a rental address to connect to. I entered the same address as
my apartment complex provided, but Bilt said it is not part of
its rental program. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:11 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sjm0028
I just applied for a Bilt Master Card through a link provided by our Avalon Bay
community rental portal. It filled out the address information. But then
Bilt said I was only approved for $1500. So the card can't be used to
pay Boston rent obviously (maybe Bilt knows something about Boston
rents that I do not?). I logged in using a PC. Bilt then asked me
for a rental address to connect to. I entered the same address as
my apartment complex provided, but Bilt said it is not part of
its rental program. Any suggestions on what to do?
If your credit limit isnt high enough to cover rent you can link a bank account and the rent will be debited directly from your bank account. Provided you have the card and still make the minimum monthly transactions, youll still get points for paying rent
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:41 pm

Does Bilt have a customer service phone number? I am having a problem paying my
rent to Avalon Bay through the Biltprotect portal to get the points. Problem is that the
app instructions are some how wrong for my account so it does not give me any
routing number and account number to pay to get points. I could not find any
phone number on the Bilt web site or Android App. I filed a chat request but
got a we are reviewing it email reply. Problem is that I am going to a conference
(flying) to UK Saturday.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Would appreciate updated comments/reviews/status reports for this card re:

- Does a successful Bilt Mastercard application (approval) count toward Chases 5/24?

- Previous report(s) here of delayed or missing paper checks sent for rent payment, is that still a problem?

- Can Bilt be used successfully to pay condominium monthly/common/maintenance charges?

- Can Bilt be used successfully to pay mortgage payments?

Thank you.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Would appreciate updated comments/reviews/status reports for this card re:

- Does a successful Bilt Mastercard application (approval) count toward Chases 5/24?

- Previous report(s) here of delayed or missing paper checks sent for rent payment, is that still a problem?

- Can Bilt be used successfully to pay condominium monthly/common/maintenance charges?

- Can Bilt be used successfully to pay mortgage payments?

Thank you.
Yes
Don't know
Don't know but guessing unlikely
Don't know but guessing highly unlikely

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.