Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Bilt Rewards Mastercard WikiPost

(10/7/23 Original author (Dr Jabadski) note: As I posted here on 9/9/23 “Considering I’ve been salivating about simple no-cost points-etizing (like monetizing) my condo payments for about 25 years, I see Bilt as a game changer.” I should have added “almost a Holy Grail” (a thing that is eagerly pursued or sought after). I successfully applied for a Bilt Mastercard 1 month ago thus I’m far from an expert. Both before and after approval I posted multiple questions many times on this thread and several other FTers were highly gracious and informative. Thought a WikiPost might save some others a good deal of time, effort and aggravation, at least in not repeating my questions and searching for the answers. I certainly hope the experts will edit and update this WikiPost as necessary. I’m also exercising Writer's Prerogative to officially coin the term “pointsetize”, like monetize “convert into or express in the form of currency”, to earn points from payments which otherwise would not earn points.)

Bilt Rewards Mastercard (Bilt MC) was first launched in mid-2021, in good part as a no fee way to charge and pointsetize rent payments. (Perhaps the only no fee way to pointsetize rent payments.) There are multiple reports of earning Bilt points for paying condominium monthly maintenance/common charges, sometimes even when the word “condo” or “condominium” is in the transaction description.

Bilt MC is a personal credit card, WF reports credit card information to the various credit bureaus and Bilt MC will count toward Chase 5/24.

This post and this post (both from 9/7/23) describe shutdown reports perhaps related to “micro transactions”, fluctuating rent payment amounts or multiple rent payments. This 10/11/23 post includes several references to Reddit user quotes about shutdowns and several Reddit Bilt quotes in response.

Links to Bilt Rewards Terms of Use and Evolve Bank & Trust (Bilt Technologies) Customer Account Agreement. The Terms state “Bilt may make available to you a Bilt Rent Account (“Account”), which is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments.” The Agreement states: “For the avoidance of doubt, the Account is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not an account that you may use to deposit or withdraw funds for any other purposes outside of rent payments.”

Bilt MC is a metal card weighing ~16 grams (comparisons: AmEx biz plat 18.5 gm, AmEx Gold 15 gm, Chase Sapphire Reserve 13 gm, traditional plastic card 5 gm).

Bilt Mastercard is issued and managed by Wells Fargo. Bilt Rewards is a separate website and app (which contains some credit card information but not as much as WF website).

Most reports are of instant approvals, Wells Fargo reconsideration phone number and experiences are not well documented. Reported initial Credit Limits vary $4,000 - $30,000 with higher limits more commonly reported. This post (9/1/23) describes one instance of a “Something went wrong” message upon application and the steps toward approval several days later.

Rent payments can be made in multiple different ways. Bilt will provide a (bank) routing number and account number. ACH rent payments can be sent (deposited) by Bilt or withdrawn by a managing company.

Bilt MC is shipped via trackable no-signature-required First Class mail in a small (4.5” x 6.5”) white box with unique packaging inside as pictured at the bottom of this post. As of Feb 2024 no reports of expedited shipping.

Reports on this thread starting in late November 2023 indicate this "quasi-SUB" may be offered randomly and/or only to some people, selection criteria unknown. This post may be the only report of being offered the quasi-SUB prior to Bilt Mastercard application, based on existing Bilt Rewards account. Bilt's “quasi-SUB" is offered via an email and a text message notification the same day as card receipt informing of 5x/5 days/max 50K (email quoted verbatim in this post). (Quasi* due to very short duration in contrast to many traditional SUBs of 3 month duration.) Please note this quasi-SUB maxs out at $12,500 (not $10,000) and tax payments will count. No reports yet of returns and their effect on quasi-SUB. (* “quasi-“ a combining form meaning “resembling,” “having some, but not all of the features of,” used in the formation of compound words: quasi-definition; quasi-monopoly; quasi-official; quasi-scientific.)

Newly earned Bilt points will display as “pending” until 5 transactions per statement cycle. After 5 transactions, points will post and become available shortly after a transaction, before statement date. The Bilt Rewards website has a “transaction counter” which disappears upon reaching 5.

Bilt points for linking partner programs (100 points each) and for adding a credit card to Bilt Wallet (100 points each for first 3) post immediately. Original author received 500 point bonus for first rent payment.

Bilt Rewards points are transferable at 1:1 usually within a few minutes to multiple different airline and hotel programs.

There’s discussion of the long term viability of Bilt with some of those posts linked at the bottom of this post after “BREAK”.

Bilt Status Tiers: Blue - anyone enrolled in Bilt Rewards with under 25,000 points, Silver - 25,000 points earned, Gold - 50,000 points earned, Platinum - 100,000 points earned. “Tier status earned at any point in a year remains active through the end of the following year.” “Earn Interest on Points” (Silver, Gold, Platinum Tiers) is minimal, discussed on this post and this post.

Bilt Points Quest Trivia on the first of each month offers up to 250 points for correctly answering, within 10 seconds, 6 (out of 15-20) questions. Must get first 5 questions (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 points) correct to see the 6th “bonus” 100 point question. There’s often a Reddit thread with the Q & A. (Point Quest - October 2023 Answers) The lower half of this post has comments from a highly experienced “test taker” regarding memory, recall and “studying” for Points Quest Trivia.

Bilt also has various “RentFree” games, available a few days prior to and/or on the 1st of the month, different people get different games. Could be a Family Feud style question with enough time to Google answers or a “Where's Wally?” (Bilt Brick) type of game or something else. Successful completion enters to be one of 3 people for whom Bilt pays their monthly rent (up to $2500).

List of Bilt’s Rent Day promotions going back to October 2022 at the bottom of the page here: DEALSPOINTS.

June 2024: Bottom of this post describes one person’s experience paying a significant assessment (and earning points) with Bilt MC, at this time (only 3 weeks later) no report of clawback or shutdown (based on using Bilt to pay rent more than once a month and/or for something other than rent/condo fees).

June 2024: Bottom of this post contains Bilt quotes regarding Bilt BiltProtect.

June 2024: Important post (and link) stating that WF is losing money every month on Bilt.

Print Wikipost

Bilt Mastercard

Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post # 1)
As a reminder, this is a $0 AF, no FTF metal card with transferrable points (AA, Hyatt, Turkish, IHG, FB, Virgin Atlantic, Aeroplan, Emirates, Hawaiian).
FB = Bulgaria Air
FB = Facebook

Which has the better points system? And perhaps more relevant to this thread, to which can Bilt points be transferred?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
FB = Bulgaria Air
FB = Facebook

Which has the better points system? And perhaps more relevant to this thread, to which can Bilt points be transferred?
FB is also commonly known as "Flying Blue" in these circles
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The loyalty program of Air France (AF) and KLM (KL).

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/home

With the addition of CX and UA (Post # 26), that is a good variety of choices.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The loyalty program of Air France (AF) and KLM (KL).

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/home

With the addition of CX and UA (Post # 26), that is a good variety of choices.
Indeed it is, but it would really sweeten the deal if they could get a highly differentiated partner under their belt, such as: Aegean, Korean, JAL, or Asiana.
DH and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Just got it and ended up with a 5 day period of 10x for all spend up to 50k points. So that’s not nothing. That’s actually pretty good for a no annual fee card. You get comparatively peanuts for the AA/DL/UA no AF cards, though the Hilton no AF AMEX isn’t shabby.
How did you manage to get the 10x for all spend for 5 days ? Did you have to use any special promo code or link or is it just random luck during the application process ?
Also is it 5 days from approval or activation ? If its 5 days from approval, then it may take about 3 to 4 days to even receive the card (possibly more) which would basically wash out your 5 day period. Would appreciate if you can shed some light on it.

Last edited by arshi007; Apr 20, 2022 at 12:30 am Reason: further questions
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:50 am

I applied and was approved for this card a few weeks ago.

3x dining for a no fee card with ability to transfer to Hyatt, AA, and UAL is pretty incredible. And obviously being able to pay rent with no fee is nice. Even at 1x considering how high rents are now in a lot of cities you'll probably get at least 2 free Hyatt nights just putting rent on a credit card a year with no additional fees like on Plastiq.

Also I don't know if this was targeted or not but I got 2x points on all non-rent spend for the first 30 days and put $20k in estimated tax payments on it.

I plan to use this card for all my dining spend going forward and with most points going to Hyatt + AA I think.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by arshi007
How did you manage to get the 10x for all spend for 5 days ? Did you have to use any special promo code or link or is it just random luck during the application process ?
Also is it 5 days from approval or activation ? If its 5 days from approval, then it may take about 3 to 4 days to even receive the card (possibly more) which would basically wash out your 5 day period. Would appreciate if you can shed some light on it.
I got an email the day my card arrived offering 10x for 5 days. I don’t know if it’s luck or a promo code or anything.

I ALSO got the 2x non-food/rent for 30 days bonus described in the previous post.
arshi007 likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 20, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:31 pm

Hello!How long you are waiting approve card after applying?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was instant. Card got there within a few days.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Are there and DP on which credit bureau does Bilt pull the credit score from ? I'm thinking about applying but would like to know where i'll be taking the inquiry hit.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt
Pay your tenant’s rent?

We rent out our old condo, and our tenant pays us via Venmo. Can Bilt send a check to us as the landlord (even though we’re the cardholder), and we use our tenant’s money to pay it?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arshi007
Are there and DP on which credit bureau does Bilt pull the credit score from ? I'm thinking about applying but would like to know where i'll be taking the inquiry hit.
Transunion.
arshi007 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:03 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by moe8555
1) Evolve Bank & Trust
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
maybe now that Wells issues it
Did the transition from Evolve to Wells Fargo require cards to be reissued or other inconvenience?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Did the transition from Evolve to Wells Fargo require cards to be reissued or other inconvenience?
My understanding is that those who were issued with Evolve remain with Evolve, while new issues are with Wells Fargo. Apparently there is no way to change this, short of closing and reopening the card.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:46 am
Suspended

So many better ways to earn up to 10x on rent

Buy gift cards that wash 3x to 10x and pay rent with it as a debit card little to no fee involved . If you are banned from Amex and chase then this 4 th tier card is worth it .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.