Unable to get credit report for 18 yo

Old Sep 24, 20, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Unable to get credit report for 18 yo

My daughter recently turned 18 and would like to start building her credit history.
She's been an AU on several of my cards, and now is ready to get her own.
However, I can't get her credit report anywhere. Creditkarma and creditsesame come up with nothing, saying her info doesn't match with credit bureaus, and annualcreditreport.com doesn't give any info either.
I don't remember having any issues with my other daughter. Could this be because she just turned 18, or are there likely inaccuracies that need to be resolved?
Old Sep 24, 20, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by stevento View Post
My daughter recently turned 18 and would like to start building her credit history.
She's been an AU on several of my cards, and now is ready to get her own.
However, I can't get her credit report anywhere. Creditkarma and creditsesame come up with nothing, saying her info doesn't match with credit bureaus, and annualcreditreport.com doesn't give any info either.
I don't remember having any issues with my other daughter. Could this be because she just turned 18, or are there likely inaccuracies that need to be resolved?
What type of cards has she been an authorized user on? I recall some AUís may not report to credit bureaus.
Old Sep 24, 20, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

AmEx PRG, and maybe some others in the past.
Old Sep 24, 20, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by stevento View Post
AmEx PRG, and maybe some others in the past.
Does Amex have her SSN? We had good results adding our early-20s nephews to one of our Amex accounts, but did include their SSNs to facilitate reporting to the bureaus.
Old Sep 25, 20, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I can't recall, possibly.
I don't remember having any issues getting her older sister's report a couple of years ago. It's not that there is no report here - credit karma says the info doesn't match what the bureaus have, and other sites also say identity cannot be verified.
I haven't dealt with this before - how does one deal with identity issues?
Old Sep 25, 20, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The key to that is "a couple of years ago." A bunch of investigations and class actions later, they take a lot more care in accepting data. Doubt any of them would take a report from a card issuer which did not include a secondary identifier such as the last for of the SSN.
Old Sep 27, 20, 7:29 am
Original Poster

The weird thing is that I am unable to get anything at all - Credit Karma says information doesn't match, and it seems credit bureaus have trouble verifying her identity as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: