Search

Repeat bonuses on Barclays cards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Repeat bonuses on Barclays cards

Hello all
Just curious if anyone has had any luck with repeat welcome bonuses on any of the Barclays cards? I am considering applying for the AAdvantage or Miles & More cards again and have had both a few years ago. Due to a change in circumstances, the LH card in particular would be useful. I notice they have added some ambiguous language to the terms advising that they may not award the bonus.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Just curious if anyone has had any luck with repeat welcome bonuses on any of the Barclays cards? I am considering applying for the AAdvantage or Miles & More cards again and have had both a few years ago. Due to a change in circumstances, the LH card in particular would be useful. I notice they have added some ambiguous language to the terms advising that they may not award the bonus.
In my experience, Barclay will only approve you if you're eligible for the SUB. And they have approved me many times (pre-COVID) for the same card (ie, every 2 years for AAdvantage Personal). I've gotten the AAdvantage Business in under 24 months (I think 18 was my last time). YMMV on that scenario (sooner than every 24 months).
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I've received the AAdvantage Business card bonus twice within the last two years.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leroy11
I notice they have added some ambiguous language to the terms advising that they may not award the bonus.
Their actions are not always consistent from one person to the next. So you can't know for sure whether they'll approve you or not. You need to see many datapoints to see the true odds (datapoints posted in other thread may be for different results than the few datapoints posted in this thread), and in any case odds don't prove anything about whether you'll be approved or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.