Best Unlimited Cash Back Business Card?

Old Aug 25, 20, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Centurion
Best Unlimited Cash Back Business Card?

We are currently spending more $2M per month on our company AMEX and racking up a lot of points. Before we would redeem those points for First class tickets but due to the pandemic, we have not been traveling much.

I am looking for a business visa card with unlimited cash back at a good rate. I will probably spend $200-$500k a month on that card.

The best cashback card I've found so far is Capital One Spark?

What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 20, 6:30 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
The best card is likely to be one that will give you a sufficient credit limit.
Old Aug 27, 20, 9:37 am

I switched to Spark from AMEX, but I may be switching back. Capital One's dispute resolution is horrible. A merchant sent me an empty box which should had been cameras. Forwarded proof stating the merchant would be sending out another box with the cameras, but they were never received. Just because it had a tracking #, I lost. So I am out both the money and the cameras. I'm moving my spending back to AMEX. They have a 2% cash back card right now, so that's a plus. I spend around 30k a month on my business card.
Old Aug 27, 20, 2:11 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
.... AMEX. They have a 2% cash back card right now, so that's a plus. I spend around 30k a month on my business card.
Blue Business Cash 2% is capped at $50,000 spend per year. How would you fit this in to a $360,000/year spending pattern, or a $24 million pattern?
Old Aug 27, 20, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Blue Business Cash 2% is capped at $50,000 spend per year. How would you fit this in to a $360,000/year spending pattern, or a $24 million pattern?
It's 1% after that; unlimited. Capital One doesn't give large credit lines anyway. If he doesn't need dispute resolution, then he's fine then.
Old Aug 27, 20, 5:07 pm
mia

It's 1% after that....
Indeed, but 1.5% business cards (no cap) are readily available.
Old Aug 27, 20, 5:54 pm

Chase business card is 1.5%. Or you can get a BofA cash back that earns 1.75% if you open a business checking account and keep 100k in it. What are your main categories you spending on?
Old Aug 27, 20, 6:08 pm

Indeed, but 1.5% business cards (no cap) are readily available.
Only other 1.5% cash back business card, aside from Capital One would be Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card. That is of course an option too. Am I missing others?

Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
Chase business card is 1.5%. Or you can get a BofA cash back that earns 1.75% if you open a business checking account and keep 100k in it. What are your main categories you spending on?
Parking 100k at BOA earning 0.01% isn't the greatest option; but I guess placing it in a ML Edge account in a CD wouldn't be that bad of an option too.

Last edited by EmailKid; Aug 27, 20 at 8:48 pm Reason: Back to back posts
Old Aug 27, 20, 6:43 pm
mia

.... Am I missing others?
American Express Plum.
Old Aug 27, 20, 8:17 pm

American Express Plum.
That's a charge card. One has to pay within 10 days or they lose the 1.5% discount. Add the annual fee, and the benefits are questionable.
Old Aug 27, 20, 8:46 pm
mia

....annual fee, and the benefits are questionable.
If JohnzCA is transacting $20M+ plus per year, and has the history with American Express to support the required credit, the $250 fee seems a trivial concern. I cannot say if the extra days to pay would be important in his circumstance, but if the credit limit offered by Bank of America, Capital One or Chase isn't sufficient to support $200-$500,000 per month, the balance will need to be paid down several times per month, and American Express' ten day terms would provide better cash flow.

On the other hand, if he is specifically looking for a card to use with merchants who do not accept American Express, one of the other issuers will need to suffice.

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 20 at 9:21 pm
Old Aug 28, 20, 12:00 am

If JohnzCA is transacting $20M+ plus per year, and has the history with American Express to support the required credit, the $250 fee seems a trivial concern. I cannot say if the extra days to pay would be important in his circumstance, but if the credit limit offered by Bank of America, Capital One or Chase isn't sufficient to support $200-$500,000 per month, the balance will need to be paid down several times per month, and American Express' ten day terms would provide better cash flow.

On the other hand, if he is specifically looking for a card to use with merchants who do not accept American Express, one of the other issuers will need to suffice.
I've had that card, it's really a plan card. Doesn't come with many benefits that doesn't really justify the annual fee. However, I was able to build up to 90k a month with the charge card. They had a period when it gave 2%, but I think it was capped. That was good. I think the platinum card you can convert the points to statement credits. No? If each charge is over 5k, he can get 1.5 pts per dollar spent. Just an option; at least he;d get some benefits for the annual fee.
Old Aug 28, 20, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Centurion
Thanks for all the answers.

I am specifically looking for a non-Amex card for merchants that don't accept AMEX.

We spend a majority on digital advertising and shipping.

I think we are leaning towards the Chase Unlimited which offers 1.5% cash back.
Old Aug 28, 20, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by JohnzCA View Post
Thanks for all the answers.

I am specifically looking for a non-Amex card for merchants that don't accept AMEX.

We spend a majority on digital advertising and shipping.

I think we are leaning towards the Chase Unlimited which offers 1.5% cash back.
Unlimited is the one we use. We used to put everything on Chase Business Ink Preferred (3% back on digital ads and shipping), but after $150k, everything goes back to 1%. So now we just left enough recurring charges ($150K a year) on the CBIP and moved everything else to Unlimited. CBIP and CBU are a good pair as you could transfer points between them and transfer to hotels and airlines.

I also have the CSR... could transfer points there for Pay Yourself Back and get new appliances from Home Depot.. LOL.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 29, 20, 2:55 pm
Original Member

I am wondering if you can put business expenses on a personal card, and what credit limits you can get. There are many personal cards with 2% cash back, and at least one with 3%:
  • Fidelity Wealth Management clients can earn more than 2%cash back on the Fidelity Visa credit card, up to 3%. Details.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: