Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Unlimited Cash Back Business Card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:55 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but to get the 3% back on that Fidelity card you need at least $2 million under their AUM program which has a 0.2% charge. You're paying $4000/ year for that card, if you can manage your investments yourself. In contrast, the B of A premium rewards with platinum honors ($100k rather than $2 mil on deposit) will get you 2.625% back. 3% vs 2.625% for $3995 the breakeven point is charging $1.065 million per year, if they give you that high of a credit line.

I use the B of A premium rewards for arbitrage when paying estimated taxes and sometimes through plastiq to pay office rent (plastiq fee is tax deductible making it 1.71%, an arbitrage of about 0.9%).

If you're business plat honors ($100k in business account) the B of A business travel rewards gets you 2.625% back but my understanding is this is limited to travel. I'm wondering if there's any way to move the points to your personal account.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Correct me if I'm wrong but to get the 3% back on that Fidelity card you need at least $2 million under their AUM program which has a 0.2% charge. You're paying $4000/ year for that card, if you can manage your investments yourself. In contrast, the B of A premium rewards with platinum honors ($100k rather than $2 mil on deposit) will get you 2.625% back. 3% vs 2.625% for $3995 the breakeven point is charging $1.065 million per year, if they give you that high of a credit line.

I use the B of A premium rewards for arbitrage when paying estimated taxes and sometimes through plastiq to pay office rent (plastiq fee is tax deductible making it 1.71%, an arbitrage of about 0.9%).

If you're business plat honors ($100k in business account) the B of A business travel rewards gets you 2.625% back but my understanding is this is limited to travel. I'm wondering if there's any way to move the points to your personal account.
He can get the BofA Premium card and he can transfer points from BofA business travel to BofA premium card and then cash out points at 1%.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
I am wondering if you can put business expenses on a personal card,....
In addition to the credit limit consideration, it depends if you need employee cards. Most MasterCard/VISA issuers use the same number for all cards on one personal account which means there is no segregation of expenses, and if an employee leaves or any card is lost or stolen everyone needs a new card.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JohnzCA
Thanks for all the answers.

I am specifically looking for a non-Amex card for merchants that don't accept AMEX.

We spend a majority on digital advertising and shipping.

I think we are leaning towards the Chase Unlimited which offers 1.5% cash back.
What did you end up picking? I think BofA's unlimited cash back product for 2.625% cb is by far the best play if you want to simplify and have one card*. The main problem will be credit limits, but you can consolidate several BofA business CCs into one CL.

I also micromanage some spend onto AmEx Gold cards for 4x back, but like you, the limits on bonused spend are limiting. Note that the Chase World of Hyatt Business card offers 2x on advertising spend and is a Visa, and your level of spend will easily vault you into Globalist.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...s-credit-card/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.