Amex Plat vs CSR vs Capital One

Old Mar 2, 20, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Amex Plat vs CSR vs Capital One

Need your wisdom guys.

i currently own CSR, Amex plat and Amazon Prime csrd. Would like to close amex cause not travling much and not using half of the benefts.
is it worth to open Capital Savor considering I have CSR? I read its hard to get and not sure if even worth for me. I do use chade points a lot and even with recent hike in annual fee I think its worth it. But once i close amex i am left with only 2 cards. So need suggestions.
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Capital One has developed unrealistic standards for card applications considering their brand. When I read about people having 800+ credit scores being denied, I laugh at C.O and their ridiculousness.

With that said, Savor is a very good card.

If you already have CSR, though, I don't see the point, as they both give bonuses for dining unless you're planning to spend a lot of entertainment spending.
Old Mar 3, 20, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Green_eyes View Post
Need your wisdom guys.

i currently own CSR, Amex plat and Amazon Prime csrd. Would like to close amex cause not travling much and not using half of the benefts.
is it worth to open Capital Savor considering I have CSR? I read its hard to get and not sure if even worth for me. I do use chade points a lot and even with recent hike in annual fee I think its worth it. But once i close amex i am left with only 2 cards. So need suggestions.
I Would open up an AmEx Gold for SUB, 4x on dining/restaurants, and to keep MR points. You could also try and get a retention offer when your AF hits on the Platinum.
Old Mar 3, 20, 2:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Green_eyes View Post
Need your wisdom guys.

You can get Vantage West CU credit card which has a selectable 5% category for restaurants, up to $1500 per quarter.
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
The Savor offers 4% cash back back on dining and entertainment. After the first year, it has a $95 AF. To my mind, you’d need a boatload of entertainment spending, or a megaboatload of dining spend to justify the extra $95 cost over the CSR. Unless you actually prefer cash back to convertible points, in which case you do need a different set of cards. Preferring cash back Instead of points would be quite reasonable since you aren’t traveling much for the foreseeable future, and if trading points for “experiences” doesn’t appeal. But in that case, I’d consider getting rid of the AMEX Plat And the CSR if it doesn’t do too much violence to the average age of your accounts.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: