Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays card application..... what a pain! (Income verification)

Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:58 am
Original Poster

So, they have this "security department" to verify applicants' income.... fine, whatever.

So they requested an IRS transcript last year when I applied for Lufthansa card... it's a lengthy process to deal with IRS, but fine, I obliged and did it, and took two months to push application through.

So, I applied Jetblue card two days ago, and they're asking me to perform the same lengthy process again. I'll do it one last time, and i'll NEVER apply for another Barclays card EVER AGAIN.

Unless there is some really generous bonus that really is attractive to you, I suggest that you stay away from applying for Barclays card.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I've never been asked for that and I have two Barclay's cards
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead
I've never been asked for that and I have two Barclay's cards
I've been asked for IRS transcript twice for income verification, and another time, the utility bill/bank statement for identity verification.

what a pain .... why would they have to verify my income twice in less than a year? I ain't going through this again after this.

Last edited by mia; Feb 5, 2020 at 2:38 pm Reason: Remove vulgar language
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I've been asked for IRS transcript twice for income verification, and another time, the utility bill/bank statement for identity verification.

what a pain .... why would they have to verify my income twice in less than a year? I ain't going through this again after this.
Well, I mean no offense, but these Barclays threads are obviously full of people that have never needed to provide this type of documentation for obtaining Barclay cards.

So... that right there is a data point you might want to reflect on...

Regards
Often1 and Redhead like this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Bluntly put, something in OP's profile has triggered an anti-fraud warning meaning that key facts have to be verified. Does not mean that OP is a fraudster, simply that there is something out there triggering the warning.

Not remotely worth worrying because there's nothing to be done. Switch card issuers if you wish and hope they don't require the same or more.
EmailKid, sdsearch and Redhead like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:13 pm

This just happened to me when applying for Barclay's Aviator card. Credit over 800. I have had cards over 40 years and never been asked for tax transcript. They said to fax them the first page of the transcript. After I did that, they demanded I fax the entire transcript. I told them to go to hell. - I have read that they used to demand that you sign a form that allows them to get your transcript directly from the IRS. The IRS stopped sending transcripts to 3rd parties, like Barclays, because it is a complete invasion of privacy. So now they demand that you print out the transcript and fax it to them yourself. I will never apply for another Barclays card and neither will my family members.
EmailKid likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.