Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express/Hilton Honors putting HH number on credit card

American Express/Hilton Honors putting HH number on credit card

Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Angry American Express/Hilton Honors putting HH number on credit card

I just received my AmEx Hilton Honors replacement credit card and was alarmed that on the card it now shows my Hilton Honors account number on the front of the card. I asked if I could get another card that did not show my HH account number on it, but was told, "no, it is what it is." I don't feel safe using my new card and letting others see my HH account # and my full name. I've read so many stories about HH points being stolen - why make it easier for someone to do so. I think AmEx marketing dept. needs to live in the real world. Anyone else have this newly designed card? Thoughts?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:58 pm

Lol what? It's always been a thing. AMEX Delta cards also have your Skymiles account number on it.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

This is new for the Hilton Honors AmEx.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Take a pin to it and scratch it out, I guess. My Costco membership is on the back of my Visa, along with my full name and photo. When my Visa has been compromised on a few occasions, Citi issued me new membership numbers in addition to credit card numbers.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:36 pm

I scraped off my AA number from a Citi card and it didn’t show. You could probably use a permanent marker since the HH number is flat.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Gig103 and rrgg. I thought about scratching it off. I still don't understand why the CC companies think it's a good idea to have all this information on the card, especially since Gig103 mentioned that a compromised card led to Citi issuing both a new credit card numbr and a new Costco membership number. Isn't that just more work at their end too?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Geochica
I just received my AmEx Hilton Honors replacement credit card and was alarmed that on the card it now shows my Hilton Honors account number on the front of the card. I asked if I could get another card that did not show my HH account number on it, but was told, "no, it is what it is." I don't feel safe using my new card and letting others see my HH account # and my full name. I've read so many stories about HH points being stolen - why make it easier for someone to do so. I think AmEx marketing dept. needs to live in the real world. Anyone else have this newly designed card? Thoughts?
Who actually carry their HH card? If you feel that unsafe about using your HH card, take picture with your phone and go that route instead of a physical card. Most of the time, your HH # should been added during your booking so I don't carry mine.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Geochica
This is new for the Hilton Honors AmEx.
Nuh uh. Mine has had my Honors number on it for years.
christianj, lsquare, Happy and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
All of my credit cards seem to have been arriving with my actual account numbers embossed or imprinted on the cards themselves for years now.
Drewm33, 2089x5449 and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Pittie Pup
All of my credit cards seem to have been arriving with my actual account numbers embossed or imprinted on the cards themselves for years now.
Me, too.

And I DO carry my Hhonors card to pay for my room and get my points.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
My Amex HH card does not expire yet.. but my new SPG (or Bonvy something)
the front of the card has no raised numbers or anything but a chip
(numbers on the back,) the hold CC over a CC machine is interesting, but not sure I like that so much
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
.... hold CC over a CC machine is interesting, but not sure I like that so much
Discussion here:

American Express USA contactless cards
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
thanks
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: none
Nothing to see here, folks. Move on.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Nothing to see here, folks. Move on.
You are allowed to follow your own advice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.