Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Cap1 VentureOne to Quicksilver - What Happens to Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Just saw I have an offer to upgrade from VentureOne to Quicksilver. Does anyone know what happens to my current points balance? Right now they're worth 0.5% if redeemed for cash back, so I could see them cutting the balance in half to keep the value equivalent, in which case it would be better to zero out my points balance first before pulling the trigger on the upgrade.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:39 pm

I believe when I switched from a Venture to a Quicksilver it was a straight 1:1 conversion so I didn’t lose anything. But if you have travel activity you can redeem against you might as well!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Anyone know how long the offer will typically stay? I haven't been using the card a lot recently but I did use it a couple months ago in London for TfL that it lets me redeem against. That could work and I've heard that Capital One lets you redeem multiple times against the same purchase. Otherwise I have a high likelihood of having to pay for checked bags for my Thanksgiving trip this year and that might end up being enough to use up the points.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I did the reverse, going from Quicksilver to VentureOne, with about -$100 in my rewards balance. It went 1:1, becoming a -10,000 points balance, except the earning rate also went down from 1.5% to 1.25%. If anything, Quicksilver is better to earn (and redeem for cash), and VentureOne better to redeem (non-cash).
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

I pulled the trigger a few days ago and the card came yesterday. Checked my account online and the points did convert 1:1 to Rewards Cash. Thanks everyone for their feedback.
EmailKid and Dream of Flying like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.