FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   US Bank business credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1974868-us-bank-business-credit.html)

champstar9669 Jun 20, 2019 11:13 am

US Bank business credit

First, I have a personal credit card with US Bank, so there is an existing relationship in place. Already have business accounts with Amex, BofA, Chase, Citi, and PNC.

Interested in getting a US Bank business credit card. Does anyone know if they offer credit to a sole prop business just starting out with $0 revenue? I contacted them multiple ways, and they refused to answer.

Not looking to waste an inquiry if there is a 0% chance of approval.

If anyone has ever been approved or declined with $0 revenue, I'd love to hear about your data point. Thank you in advance!

Sup3r52man Jun 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by champstar9669 (Post 31222779)
Already have business accounts with Amex, BofA, Chase, Citi, and PNC.

Does anyone know if they offer credit to a sole prop business just starting out with $0 revenue?

Business just starting but you already have business cards with the big banks? Barclays is known for seeing what other Business cards you already have and asking lots of follow up questions accordingly. I have no experience with US Bank but I probably wouldn't risk the pull if you already have Business cards with other banks listed.

mia Jun 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man (Post 31223249)
Business just starting but you already have business cards with the big banks?

Opening business credit cards has little to do with operating a business. It's a way to earn new account bonuses with accounts which (generally) will not appear on your personal credit report.

champstar9669 Jun 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man (Post 31223249)
Business just starting but you already have business cards with the big banks? Barclays is known for seeing what other Business cards you already have and asking lots of follow up questions accordingly. I have no experience with US Bank but I probably wouldn't risk the pull if you already have Business cards with other banks listed.

Totally separate business entity in a different industry. If I were dealing with Chase or anyone else, they would simply evaluate my personal credit history and likely approve me for the new card even with $0 revenue. But US Bank is different. My wife applied with them several months ago for her business that's been open a few years. They wanted like 3-5yrs of line by line accounts payable and accounts receivable info. Detailed balance sheet. Totally insane demands like that. On par with what you'd expect them to demand from Coke for a 10mil credit line. She was an 800 FICO person simply asking for a 1-2k limit on a small home-based business. So that's why I'm not interested in applying under my established business b/c I have no desire to send them a "phone book" thick packet of information that is not necessary. Rather go with my $0 documented revenue (no tax returns yet) business with a decision based off my personal credit. Simply trying to determine if they do such a thing. Cause they won't answer that question.

And yes, welcome bonus offers DO create appealing opportunities on spend I already need to do anyway. No reason to earn 2x on an old card...when you can earn 18x or whatever by simply putting it on a NEW card.