Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Premium Cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BofA Premium Rewards, AMEX Platinum, AMEX Corp Plat
Bank of America Premium Cards

Anyone know of any new, or old, premium offerings by BofA? My Merrill card was recently moved to the BofA Premium Rewards, but I'm wondering is the Octave is still around or any replacements?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by bsteinPA33
Anyone know of any new, or old, premium offerings by BofA? My Merrill card was recently moved to the BofA Premium Rewards, but I'm wondering is the Octave is still around or any replacements?
I read somewhere online that octave card has been discontinued. I haven't seen other BofA premium cards out there. So far the BofA Premium card is BofA New premium card.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by trikotret
I read somewhere online that octave card has been discontinued. I haven't seen other BofA premium cards out there. So far the BofA Premium card is BofA New premium card.
Being more of a relationship bank, the Preferred Rewards program delivers enhanced rewards that are better than most cards out there depending on your level.

Does Bank of America have cards that give Delta Lounge Access or free companion certificates? No, but I'm sure BoA doesn't care much for doing so after running the numbers. The Chase Sapphire Reserve, for example, is very costly for Chase... Although Chase absorbs the cost anyways. Offering more basic cards gives BoA a chance to give more money to their shareholders because people would just abuse the perks of a premium card anyways.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I get more than enough value from the Premium card to pay the fee. Last year alone, I cashed out almost $1400 in cash back along with the $100 airline credit. It's more than worth the $95 if you're a Platinum Honors client. I don't care that it doesn't offer Delta access - I have the Platinum Amex for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.