FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Can't Figure Out How to Access the Barclays Rewards Boost Shopping Portal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1957467-cant-figure-out-how-access-barclays-rewards-boost-shopping-portal.html)

joer1212 Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am

Can't Figure Out How to Access the Barclays Rewards Boost Shopping Portal

(Apologies for starting a thread for such a basic question, but I haven't been able to get an answer any other way)

Does anyone know how to shop through the Barclays Rewards Boost shopping portal?

When I go to https://www.barclaycardrewardsboost.com/, select a store, and click on "shop now", it asks me to log into my Barclays account. After logging in, I am taken to my account summary page, instead of being linked to the merchant's website.
I've tried to find a link to the portal within my Barclays account, but haven't been successful. As a result, I have been forgoing the extra points that I could have been earning with my Barclays Lufthansa Miles & More credit card.

Thanks

EmailKid Feb 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Have you tried logging into bank account first before accessing the portal?

joer1212 Feb 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 30806336)
Have you tried logging into bank account first before accessing the portal?

Yes, but I haven't found a link within my account that takes me to the shopping portal (the same way you can access the Ultimate Rewards Mall from your Chase account).
Also, I have never been able to actually link up with a store, even outside of my account (I'm trying to shop at Barnes & Noble).

mia Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Which Barclays card(s) do you have?

joer1212 Feb 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30806451)
Which Barclays card(s) do you have?

Like I mentioned in my thread, I have the Barclays Lufthansa Miles & More Mastercard.

EmailKid Feb 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by joer1212 (Post 30806432)
Yes, but I haven't found a link within my account that takes me to the shopping portal (the same way you can access the Ultimate Rewards Mall from your Chase account).

Do not look for a link, just paste the link you mentioned in OP after logging in to bank site.

mia Feb 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 30806554)
Do not look for a link, just paste the link you mentioned in OP after logging in to bank site.

I tried this and it did not work. I speculate that this feature is not available for AA, LH and other co-branded cards where the partner has (or may reserve the right to have) their own shopping portal. However, I have no knowledge, it's just a conjecture.

EmailKid Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30806645)
I tried this and it did not work. I speculate that this feature is not available for AA, LH and other co-branded cards where the partner has (or may reserve the right to have) their own shopping portal. However, I have no knowledge, it's just a conjecture.

Hm, that is too bad. This does work with Citi Thank You points, though I was probably the only one who had to call in - "oh you just log in and it works." It did after some tinkering by Citi IT guy, as it did not work out of the box like advertised :(

nall Feb 21, 2019 8:05 pm

This is correct in my experience (holding a co-branded and non-co-branded Barclays card).

joer1212 Feb 21, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm going to register for the Miles & More shopping portal and try my luck there. The only issue is that half the site is in English and half is in German (even after selecting 'English' as my language).

moe8555 Feb 22, 2019 12:12 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 30807646)
Hm, that is too bad. This does work with Citi Thank You points, though I was probably the only one who had to call in - "oh you just log in and it works." It did after some tinkering by Citi IT guy, as it did not work out of the box like advertised :(

Can you elaborate? Which card? And which link? My understanding was that Citi only has a cashback portal and not a Thank You points portal...

EmailKid Feb 22, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by moe8555 (Post 30808246)
Can you elaborate? Which card? And which link? My understanding was that Citi only has a cashback portal and not a Thank You points portal...

That is not really a subject for this thread - we have a Citi forum.

I will say I purchased my last AA ticket using the Thankyou web site using Thankyou points.