Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Rewards Visa vs. Starwood AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Marriott Rewards Visa vs. Starwood AMEX

I am a platinum Marriott rewards member. I have both the Marriott Visa and Starwood AMEX. It now seems redundant to have both. Is there a reason to keep the Starwood card or should I replace it with either the Hilton Ascend or Delta Amex? Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 1Bag1World
I am a platinum Marriott rewards member. I have both the Marriott Visa and Starwood AMEX. It now seems redundant to have both. Is there a reason to keep the Starwood card or should I replace it with either the Hilton Ascend or Delta Amex? Thanks.
In your opinion, is the value of the yearly free night certificate > annual fee? If so, keep it. Otherwise, no.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:29 am

Keep in mind both cards are changing in a couple weeks to Bonvoy and there are some changes happening. The points guy posted all of the changes. I would look at that before cancelling one or the other.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Having a Hilton card isn't a bad idea anyways. The signup bonuses can be quite nice and if you don't have a card that offers Priority Pass the Ascend's 10 free visits membership is a nice perk for just $95/year. Currently if you get a referral link the signup bonus is greater than the public offers. I'd hold onto both of your current cards for the time being unless the AF is coming up and you don't value the free night enough to pay it.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I like the purchase protection with AMEX and the ease of filing a claim when something breaks or is lost or ....
Yoshi212 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.