Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Aviator Red (Barclay) Question about AA Vacation Packages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs

My annual fee is due today and the only retention offer is a $100 statement credit for spending $1000/mo for 3 months, which I can't do because I'm working on another spend. My question is regarding a statement 2 different Barclay reps told me over the phone--the Aviator Red card comes with a 10% discount on any AA Vacation Package. I have looked online and I can't find anything about that. I only see the 10% mileage refund up to 10,000 per year. The last rep told me that check bags are never free on international travel, which I know is false, so maybe the 10% discount is also false.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:58 pm

Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The AA Vacation deals may be more than you can book on your own so the 10% discount may not be too valuable.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
I called AA Vacations yesterday and there was no discount or benefit in a bunch of combinations of flights/cities/hotels. I've used them in the past and they were great deals but evidently no longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.