Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Does your Capital One 360 reimburse international ATM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does your Capital One 360 reimburse international ATM?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Does your Capital One 360 debit reimburse international ATM?

Hi,

I know that Charles Schwab and Fidelity are considered the best debit cards for international use because they reimburse any fees charged by the ATM.

I know that Capital One 360 checking account doesn't charge ATM fees on it's end, even for using another bank's ATM. But it was my understanding that they didn't reimburse any fees charged by the other bank.

But recently I read that they do reimburse ATM fees up to $15 per month:
https://www.capitalone.com/bank/chec...cking-account/
"For certain banking products we offer, fees assessed at any ATM within the United States and at some ATMs located outside the United States will be reimbursed within 5 business days, up to $15 per statement period."

Has anyone experienced this (fee reimbursement) on an international trip? I called them and they acknowledged this to be the case, but I wanted to hear some actual cases.

Thanks.

Last edited by kayanco; Sep 21, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I have a really old CapOne checking account that reimburses me consistently for ATM fees charged by the ATM.
I can't remember what the max amount was nor if it was statement cycle or calendar month.
Now I cant find any information about it for some reason.
I still have the account and it's works as recent as a year ago.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:22 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I have a legacy Capital One checking account (not 360, which was formerly called ING Direct). It reimburses $15 per month in ATM charges. US and some foreign transactions reimburse automatically. Some foreign transactions don't, and I have to call or send a secure message requesting reimbursement, which has never been a probelm.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:27 pm

Hello. I have a legacy Capital One debit card (2012) that has reimbursed more than $15 a month in ATM fees. For the last three years I've traveled outside the US for more than 75% of the year, and currently use four fee rebating debit cards: Charles Schwab and Fidelity for Visa and Capital One and Aspiration Summit for Mastercard. A few times I've pulled money out with all four cards on the same day to test the rates and can confirm both Visas and both Mastercards have the exact same rates within their respective networks. As Mastercard consistently offers a better rate for ATM transactions, I'm seeking to further diversify, and am applying for new Mastercard debit cards with Radius Bank (the former hosting bank for Aspiration Summit) and Needham Bank (a MA brick and mortar bank). If you are uncertain about your Capital One debit card, I'd consider applying for one or two new debit cards. They all have no account maintenance fees, and if you're visiting a high crime or high fraud region you can keep only a few hundred in each account and then swap them out of your wallet and top off the accounts every few weeks. One of my four cards always seems to be out of commission for one reason or another, so having backup cards and network diversity helps.
fw10001 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I don't recall this being a 360 benefit - just no charges from CapOne
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:44 pm

Capital One 360 products don't get the "up to $15 in international ATM fees" refund

Per USA-based CSR, the Capital One 360 products don't get the "up to $15 in international ATM fees" refund benefit. Only B&M Capital One checking accounts used to qualify for that.
I asked if I could get the benefit by opening a new Capital One checking and as told that the bank is now pushing for online accounts and might not let me open a B&M account (that's what she said).

I did submit feedback to them that many major European nations don't have a single Allpoint ATM and it would make sense to offer some ATM fee reimbursement in such nations - where there's no Allpoint network (or benefit of Allpoint ATM locator tool online) a customer cannot be expected to search out a no-fee ATM.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:56 pm

I've used ATMs in numerous European countries, and I can't recall a single one that charged a fee. Just be sure to use one operated by local bank, rather than privately operated ones.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:02 pm

I was wondering if this still was a thing, but unfortunately I could find very little information on it, or how to submit receipts for these fees. This reddit thread has a link to this Capital One page, but that page doesn't seem to mention it anymore. Wallethub also confirmed it so it seems likely it was a thing at some point. I called in though and it seemed to be discontinued. Anyone still have / using this feature? Did they grandfather anyone in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.