Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Best Card for award booking and your experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am looking to possibly apply for a new card that offers flexible rewards/booking options through various airlines. I have no loyalty to one airline so I am constantly looking for the lowest fares. I have looked at the chase Sapphire Reserve which seems to have some great benefits but carries a hefty annual fee. I have also read where booking through chase ultimate rewards offers minimal options with a hefty price tag? Not sure if anyone has had any experience with this card. I have also looked at the Citi Prestige card and the capital one Venture card. I am aware that all of these cards have different benefits and ways points are transferred etc... if anyone has a recommendation or can provide their experience with booking award travel with one of these your input is appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I'd focus on cards that give you the ability to transfer out to different partners. As you mentioned, there's Chase UR, which are great, so are Amex MR, Citi TY, etc. There are separate forums for each one of those cards. Bottom line, the more flexible your points are, usually the better. Good luck.
Ozzy390 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ozzy390
Hello,

I am looking to possibly apply for a new card that offers flexible rewards/booking options through various airlines. I have no loyalty to one airline so I am constantly looking for the lowest fares. I have looked at the chase Sapphire Reserve which seems to have some great benefits but carries a hefty annual fee. I have also read where booking through chase ultimate rewards offers minimal options with a hefty price tag? Not sure if anyone has had any experience with this card. I have also looked at the Citi Prestige card and the capital one Venture card. I am aware that all of these cards have different benefits and ways points are transferred etc... if anyone has a recommendation or can provide their experience with booking award travel with one of these your input is appreciated.
You can get Sapphire Preferred or Ink Preferred if you don't like high AF. But there is only $55 difference between those and Reserve. With Reserve you get $300 in travel reimbursements and 1.5 cpp, when you purchase travel via Chase UR portal.
Another great card is US Bank Altitude Reserve, with effective $75 AF, and it's effectively 4.5% cashback everywhere (with Samsung Pay), because there are no transfer partners.
Ozzy390 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ozzy390
....Sapphire Reserve ....Not sure if anyone has had any experience with this card.....]
I would look at these threads in our Chase forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ur-points.html

Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...st-2018-a.html
Ozzy390 and Yoshi212 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.