Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Business Credit Card for Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Best Business Credit Card for Points

I am considering building up my amex points vs chase points. I primarily travel on United, and that makes be thing Chase is where I need to focus my spending. But I recently learned about the aeroplan option with amex points. Seems like a lot of work though. I already have accounts with both programs, but I am about to spend a lot more on my Business q3 and q4 this year. I reviewed the Forbes Best List for their suggestions, and it seems that the Ink preferred is the way to go. Though the new unlimited card has my attention too. Any input on which card is best for points given my interest in the Chase ultimate rewards program vs the Amex - Aeroplan approach?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aeroplan is at most a short-term solution.

It's been announced that come 2020, Aeropan will sever its ties with Air Canada, and it's unclear if Aeroplan will have any usefulness for FTers after that happens. Air Canada has said it will start its own program at that point, but he details of that have not been announced, it's not been started yet, and whether you'll be able to move Aeroplan poitns to that new Air Canada program has not been explained yet AFAIK.

And thus I'd not recommend transferring to Aeroplan unless you're absolutely sure you'll redeem every last mile before that disconnection from Air Canada happens in 2020.

Meanwhile, on the Chase side, you don't have to choose between Ink and Freedom Unlimited. You can get both (one at a time), assuming you haven't been applying for hardly any personal cards in the past 2 years, and you can combine the points you earn from both cards into one Ultimate Rewards account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.