Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Propel Term Changes June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just received the latter from WF on the reward changes for the Propel card. Both travel and dinning earn 3 reward points ( $0.01/pt). All others earn 1x. No 10% relationship bonus. Starting from 6/23/2018. The old rewards have 3% on gas and 2% dinning. I think the Propel World and Propel 365 may have similar changes.

Have not used this card much. May get it activated to use with my AmEx Serve card.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Thank you for the update. This is probably the next card on my application list (so long as WF continues to accept new applications).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Thank you for the update. This is probably the next card on my application list (so long as WF continues to accept new applications).
I do not see the regular Propel available. The Propel World may be still available. The WF cards have been sleeping cards. Not sure if they ever want to catch up to the big guys.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Ah. I didn't realize Propel and Propel World were different cards.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Ah. I didn't realize Propel and Propel World were different cards.
There is also a middle line Propel 365 card. There are fewer and fewer 3rd party AmEx CC cards. There may be some advantage if you want to fund the AmEx Serve from those credit cards. But those Serve accounts can be shut down for various reasons.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:40 pm

Any word on 365 and World? Surely World is getting an update, new Propel is 3x Travel but World is just 3x Airlines?
Old May 7, 2018, 7:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

This was received in late April.

It is not "rumor" as stated at DofC. This also does not include the "streaming service" reported by DofC.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:51 pm

Thanks for that. I wonder what they will do with Propel World.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Press release today:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...0625005305/en/

I do not know enough about this product to say if this is these are the same changes announced in April, a further refresh, or a new product.

3X on eating out and ordering in at restaurants from fast food to bistros and fine dining
3X on travel and transit, including airlines, car rentals, hotels and homestays, cruises, and gas stations, ride sharing, railways, parking, taxis and tolls
3X on popular streaming services
1X on other purchases
No foreign currency conversion fee
Access to exclusive presales tickets, offers and protections from American Express
No limits on the points you can earn, no points expiration as long as the account is open, no annual fee

New Wells Fargo Propel cardholders will earn 30,000 bonus points (a $300 cash redemption value) after spending $3,000 in the first three months. The card will be available for applications next month.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

This is the same Propel card shown above. It just has a face-lift. It is like Uber card now. 3% cashback on travel and eating out is not bad at all, no AF.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
This is the same Propel card shown above. It just has a face-lift. It is like Uber card now. 3% cashback on travel and eating out is not bad at all, no AF.
...plus the no foreign transaction fees and cell phone protection (although I guess that's what you meant with your Uber card comparison). Not bad indeed.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Received the brochure about the changes. I like the old card better, with the horses....
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by mia
Press release today:

I do not know enough about this product to say if this is these are the same changes announced in April, a further refresh, or a new product.
I'm seriously thinking of picking up this card to use for short flights (esp to see the in-laws in Quebec fm NYC). Besides all the category bonuses that you can cash out at $.01 per point, I like the combo of this card and the WF Visa Signature that supposedly gives 1.5 cents per dollar when booking through Go Far Rewards (turning the 3% bonuses into 4.5%). Not sure how the fares compare when going through GFR, but all this plus no annual fee makes this compelling to me.
akr1970akr and RedSun like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mia
Press release today:

3X on eating out and ordering in at restaurants from fast food to bistros and fine dining
3X on travel and transit, including airlines, car rentals, hotels and homestays, cruises, and gas stations, ride sharing, railways, parking, taxis and tolls
3X on popular streaming services
1X on other purchases
No foreign currency conversion fee
Access to exclusive presales tickets, offers and protections from American Express
No limits on the points you can earn, no points expiration as long as the account is open, no annual fee

New Wells Fargo Propel cardholders will earn 30,000 bonus points (a $300 cash redemption value) after spending $3,000 in the first three months. The card will be available for applications next month.
So has anyone applied?

Seems to have most of the features of something like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, especially the 3X categories. Of course it probably won't have things like trip cancellation, travel medical or rental car coverage. But no annual fee either.

Nice to not have FTF but will you be able to use it at as many hotels or restaurants overseas as a Visa card?

I've never had a WF card so I guess your redemptions are limited to cash back/statement credit or travel redemptions through their portal?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
applied for the card. Now they are pulling experian and transunion as well. My EXP was locked so app is in pending state. Let's see if they approve just based on TU inquiry. I do have the visa signature travel rewards card from 3 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.