Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR NEW APPLICANTS, 10/5/18).

Barclays Arrival Premier costs $150/year, with first year waived but no new account bonus offer. Barclays calls Arrival rewards points "miles".

Arrival Premier earns two "miles" per dollar on all spending, with a 15,000 "mile" bonus awarded at $15,000 and another 10,000 at $25,000 in a year.

Arrival Premier "miles" are transferable to ten airlines, including members of all three international alliances, plus two independent carriers.

To compare with other cards, look at the ratio of dollars spent to airlines miles earned:
Base transfer ratio is $1 = 2 Arrival "miles" = 1.42 airline miles (Exception: Japan Airlines and Aeroplan, $1 = 2 Arrival = 1.175 airline miles )
If you spend $15,000 -or- $25,000 there is a 50% bonus: $1 = 3 Arrival "miles" = 2.14 airline miles (or 1.76 Japan Airlines or Aeroplan miles)
Transfer partners

One World
Japan Airlines
Malaysia Airlines
Qantas

Skyteam
Aeromexico
China Eastern
Flying Blue

Star Alliance
EVA Air
Aeroplan

Independent
Etihad
Jet Privilege
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival “Premier” (DOA RIP)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Has anybody trying obtained this card?
No.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Has anybody trying obtained this card? I called to convert my arrival and the answer was no.
​​​​​​Follow the topic on the official website, the staff usually respond so I'm sure they will post something about it. People are asking.

https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Barclaycard-Arrival-Mastercard/Upgrade-to-Arrival-premium-card/td-p/2367460
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
So... anyone get this? Not sure if it was discussed here, but it could certainly appeal to a USD-earning expatriate being that it has no FX fees, chip & pin, and offers 2.4% cashback or >2 miles per dollar on unbonused spend for the first $25K. I don't think any no-FX card with transferable points earns >1 mile per dollar on unbonused spend (besides the Amex Business Platinum for charges >$5K and the now-defunct Amex SPG).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by moe8555
So... anyone get this? Not sure if it was discussed here, but it could certainly appeal to a USD-earning expatriate being that it has no FX fees, chip & pin, and offers 2.4% cashback or >2 miles per dollar on unbonused spend for the first $25K. I don't think any no-FX card with transferable points earns >1 mile per dollar on unbonused spend (besides the Amex Business Platinum for charges >$5K and the now-defunct Amex SPG).
Non-transferable, but there are Virgin Atlantic (1.5x) and United Club (1.5x) cards on basic spend.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
Non-transferable, but there are Virgin Atlantic (1.5x) and United Club (1.5x) cards on basic spend.
Also for VS, if you hit 25K spending, you would get 2x . You also get status miles and lower annual fee. Club has a higher fee but gives you access to United and some Star Alliance lounges. You also have Delta Reserve which gives you all three. More than 1x after hitting spending thresholds, status miles and access to Delta lounges.

Last edited by jediwho; Jun 7, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by jediwho
Also for VX, if you hit 25K spending, you would get 2x . You also get status miles and lower annual fee. Club has a higher fee but gives you access to United and some Star Alliance lounges. You also have Delta Reserve which gives you all three. More than 1x after hitting spending thresholds, status miles and access to Delta lounges.
Yes, but those cards do not have transferable points and cannot be redeemed for cash-equivalent credit. Also neither of those airlines are worthwhile for my location/travel needs. Qantas, FB, Etihad, and JAL are useful to me. The Asia Miles card is also of note giving 1.5 per dollar for spend outside the U.S. with interesting redemption opportunities.

Basically, it looks like pairing this with a Citi Prestige or Premier would be great thanks to the overlapping partners and Citi's bonus categories/perks.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by jediwho
Also for VX, if you hit 25K spending, you would get 2x . You also get status miles and lower annual fee. Club has a higher fee but gives you access to United and some Star Alliance lounges. You also have Delta Reserve which gives you all three. More than 1x after hitting spending thresholds, status miles and access to Delta lounges.
I was under impression that VX card is gone and existing ones are converted to AS. Am I wrong?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I was under impression that VX card is gone ....
Probably a typographical error, the card features match Virgin Atlantic (VS).
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I was under impression that VX card is gone and existing ones are converted to AS. Am I wrong?
My bad. Mia is right, meant VS, not VX.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
DoC now reporting Aeroplan as a transfer partner. Anyone yet able to product convert? The community manager posted that Arrival Plus cardholders can now get this card without needing to recon... so I guess that's an improvement.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:55 am

TPG reporting: new transfer partners - Alitalia and Finnair, AF waived first year. Another transfer partner on the way.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: all
wish they would put one great airline partner like maybe AA instead of putting a ton of others
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:42 am
mia

TPG reporting: new transfer partners - Alitalia and Finnair, AF waived first year. Another transfer partner on the way.
LINK: https://thepointsguy.com/news/barcla...ar-fee-waived/
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by pantanal
wish they would put one great airline partner like maybe AA instead of putting a ton of others
That would actually make the card useful. Not how Barclays operates. They want to create the appearance of useful, but go out o ftheir way designing a program that won't get you the value you think you're getting.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:15 am
mia

Is there any evidence that AA is interested in joining a multi-partner transfer program operated by a USA card issuer? I don't see that there is much value in it now for AA, DL, UA or WN, and I wouldn't be surprised if they choose not to renew their existing contracts with these types of programs. It's a way to sell miles, but it doesn't build loyalty in the same way a co-branded card which only earns their miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.