Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Rewards Card for 1.5 for 1 point travel booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone, just came across a blog that said WF rewards visa allows to use your WF go far rewards points for travel at 1.5 per 1 rate.
I checked my two accounts and none of them had the WF rewards. One has a propel, the other just a platinum card, and as such, travel booking ratio was a 1:1

I was wondering if I went ahead and opened the WF rewards visa card on one of these accounts, would I be able to use the existing points to book travel at the 1.5:1 rate?
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Can anyone with WF card experience help this poster?

Maybe the OP could call WF and get an exact answer.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 14, 2018 at 5:23 pm
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

thanks for that Philemer.
WF customer service is too useless to know
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yarnim
.... just came across a blog that said....
Please provide a link to the blog article, so that others can understand the context.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My mom had this. She opened a Propel and a Visa Signature card (or downgraded, can't remember), so the points she earned though the Propel can be redeemed at 1.5 for airfare purchases through the Go Far Rewards portal. Before closing the Propel make sure you transfer all points to the visa signature (don't remember how to).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:19 pm

Here is the link from Wells fargo website: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/visa-signature/
This card offer 50% more value if redeem for airfare. Therefore, transfering points to that card will increase the value of your point.
I tried applying for Propel or other card but they would never approve me another one ....

Anyway... I have this exact same card and it's not necessarily 50% more value!!! I have not been using the card for almost 1 year.
From my memory, it seems that around 2 years or 1.5 years ago, the points were worth 50% more for sure. Around 1 year ago or so, it is not exactly the case any more.
Sometimes their listed plane ticket price is higher than the price on another website. So the claimed 50% more value is not really 50% more but more consistent with something like 10% more value or no clear difference.
It made me really upset about it. Anyway, maybe they fixed it somehow that past year. If anyone else has similar experience, please feel free to share.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:21 pm
inY

Fun fact: there are three different products "Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa Signature", "Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Signature", and "Wells Fargo Visa Signature". You want the "Wells Fargo Visa Signature" for the 1.5 redemption.

Last edited by inY; Sep 10, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:00 pm

I have had a Wells Fargo Card (Visa Signature) for over 20 years. It is currently in the sock drawer but I still get 1.5 for airfare. (It does not apply to hotels IIRC). If you meet certain spending requirements - $50,000 per year, the payout goes to 1.75 for airfare. The last time I qualified was 2017, which gave me the benefit through 2018.

I now now have cards with much higher payouts, but I still got some good trips out of the Wells Fargo Visa, and their travel portal is better than Chase’s IMO.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by inY
Fun fact: there are three different products "Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa Signature", "Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Signature", and "Wells Fargo Visa Signature". You want the "Wells Fargo Visa Signature" for the 1.5 redemption.
Anybody know if you can product change from the "Cash Back Visa Signature" to the plain "Visa Signature"? They don't even show the Cash Back card on their list of cards anymore.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:19 am

I know that redeeming go far points for airfare is through a portal.

What airlines are bookable through that portal? Is it just US airlines? Can I book southwest tickets?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:53 pm
inY

Originally Posted by doubleheader
Anybody know if you can product change from the "Cash Back Visa Signature" to the plain "Visa Signature"? They don't even show the Cash Back card on their list of cards anymore.
I tried, but their product change process entailed a new card number reported as a new card to the bureaus with a credit inquiry. Essentially applying for a new card and closing the old one. Possible a HUCA would have fixed that.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by thepointswhore
I know that redeeming go far points for airfare is through a portal.

What airlines are bookable through that portal? Is it just US airlines? Can I book southwest tickets?
Another DP here, it's confirmed 1.5 cpp, 45000 pts equate to $675 value when you have both Propel and Visa Signature.

You can book pretty much any airlines, I just booked LH from this deal (still there BTW) and only paid $680 as the difference. I second the feedback WF's rewards services are better, my itinerary was not available online and the agents were able to check with LH and get the flight combinations I wanted offline.

UA,LH,LX BOS-KEF $1260+ r/t J

Finally, there's already a thread for WF Propel, you'll find more details here

Wells Fargo Propel Term Changes June 2018

Last edited by vincewy; Nov 8, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.