Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 60,000 1k spend $99 AF

Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=28
Best offer ever for a Jetblue card. I generally get 1.4 cents/mile so I don't mind the $99 AF. Yes I realize this has been buried in a lightly attended thread over at JetBlue but I think it deserves more attention. Other perks include
  •  
    • 6x points per dollar spent on jetBlue purchases
    • 2x points per dollar spent on restaurants and groceries
    • 1x points per dollar spent on all other purchases
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:03 am

Agreed! Just had the whole family get one. With family pooling as well its a great deal! The 5,000 yearly points make it a keeper for me.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:33 pm

My application went to pending and then was denied. When I called reconsideration they went over my credit report and said everything looked good, but he noted "unfortunately it looks like you have over 5 new lines of credit in the last 12 months, so we won't be able to approve you." For the record, I have 7 new cards in the past 12 months. It seems like this has been a trend with Barclays, so just something to be aware of.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
My application went to pending and then was denied. When I called reconsideration they went over my credit report and said everything looked good, but he noted "unfortunately it looks like you have over 5 new lines of credit in the last 12 months, so we won't be able to approve you." For the record, I have 7 new cards in the past 12 months. It seems like this has been a trend with Barclays, so just something to be aware of.
I had at least 5 new cards in the past year, including a Barclay aviator card opened in August but still got approved.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:00 pm

Sounds like it's definitely not a hard and fast rule then. They specifically quoted the Choice hotels card I got 10 months ago and said it looked like I was going after credit too aggressively. He suggested that I wait for some of my new accounts to age past a year and then re-apply.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I now realize I posted a misleading data point. I indeed had 5 new credit cards this year but 3 of them were business cards and only 2 (IHG, Barclay Aviator) were consumer cards. I think that Barclay may be like Chase and business cards don't "count" on their credit report.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:53 am

I had 20 new cards in the last 12 months, 4 of which were business, and I was approved after recon call. 2 of those 21 were Barclay cards. 800+ FICO, 6 figure income. Seems arbitrary
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
My statement closed yesterday. I see the cc points posted to my jetblue FF acct. I do not see the 60k post to my acct. Shouldnt it have posted? I spent the $1k
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
My statement closed yesterday. I see the cc points posted to my jetblue FF acct. I do not see the 60k post to my acct. Shouldnt it have posted? I spent the $1k
Did the 60k show on the statement itself?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Did the 60k show on the statement itself?
No it did not. And the thing is, i made the $1k purchase a week ago. So it has been posted on the account. Also, my purchase were 2 x $500 vgc + fees. Hoping that is not the issue. But this has never happened. I have always received points on the stmt after hitting the min spend... so this is worrisome
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

No it did not. And the thing is, i made the $1k purchase a week ago. So it has been posted on the account. Also, my purchase were 2 x $500 vgc + fees. Hoping that is not the issue. But this has never happened. I have always received points on the stmt after hitting the min spend... so this is worrisome
From the TOS: "Please allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points to be deposited into your TrueBlue account after qualifying transactions have posted."
I wouldn't worry. On my Aviator card it took several weeks to post the Aavantage miles.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Chase acts this way (if the spend isn't met about 10 days before the statement closes, it will show up on the next statement). That being said, Barclay always posts on the statement the spend is met for me, so maybe it's a bit different with JetBlue as noted by the poster above.

One clear cut way to confirm you have met the spend (which I always do if cutting it close to the last date) is send an SM asking to confirm the spend has been met for the bonus.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:41 am

"We apologize for any confusion. Please be advised that the requirements to receive the bonus 60,000 points are to spend $1,000.00 in 90 days from your account open date and pay the $99.00 annual fee. As of today, December 15, 2017 we do not show that a payment has been either scheduled or made for the $99.00 annual fee."

Mystery solved! Just paid it. Guess I should see the points on next statement
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
Best offer ever for a Jetblue card. I generally get 1.4 cents/mile so I don't mind the $99 AF. Yes I realize this has been buried in a lightly attended thread over at JetBlue but I think it deserves more attention. Other perks include
  •  
    • 6x points per dollar spent on jetBlue purchases
    • 2x points per dollar spent on restaurants and groceries
    • 1x points per dollar spent on all other purchases
I have the no fee Jett Blue card. Was wondering if I can I apply for the Jet Blue Plus card and get the 60,000 points?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:03 pm

Hey guys, I'm tempted to get this card, however the thing is, is it doesn't have 0% APR on purchases only on balance transfer which is still good. But, let's say I have a balance of $1200 just to cover to min spend and the annual fee, I decided to do a balance transfer, would I still get the 60k bonus points? I know for the $1200 I would not get points on alone due to the balance transfer. It would give me a year to pay it off without interest which is really good.

What I was thinking was apply for the 60K card and then downgrade, I don't usually fly a lot but don't get me wrong the card benefits pays more than the annual fee itself. I'm from the bay area - Oakland, and I like that it flies to a lot of the major cities in the US and even internationally as well. I don't even have a airline credit card so maybe this would be my first, I don't even have a Barclay credit card lol. I've never been on Jetblue before but heard it's good, they take care of you, I like it because they have deals all the time like SW.

Tell me, how's the customer service, as far as the benefits do they deliver? I hear a lot of horror stories and such, like people flying out of the country, not getting their card, or lost a baggage, tried to file a claim but never had success with it, etc.

I also thought about getting the Alaska airline too, I really like the companion pass but I heard they bait switch so that's a no go.

Thanks.

Last edited by harrynguyen; Dec 16, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.