Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

EURO card with no foreign transaction fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EURO card with no foreign transaction fee?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by N.eu
No foreign transaction fee on spending in foreign currencies and in foreign countries in the same currency with their debit card?
I’ve never been charged a fee for using the card abroad in ANY currency.

ive used mainly Europe, Israel, Brazil & South Africa.

They charge no fee for currency conversion to any of the currency accounts you can hold if you do the conversion weekdays. I believe at weekends they do add 0.5% to the rate.

You do not have to hold funds in the currency you are spending in!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cris L
I’ve never been charged a fee for using the card abroad in ANY currency.

ive used mainly Europe, Israel, Brazil & South Africa.

They charge no fee for currency conversion to any of the currency accounts you can hold if you do the conversion weekdays. I believe at weekends they do add 0.5% to the rate.

You do not have to hold funds in the currency you are spending in!
You're talking about current accounts but this thread is about cards! Let's say you have an account in EUR and you have a card linked to that EUR account. You spend in USD with your EUR card from your EUR account. Will you get charged a fee or a markup on the conversion rate? I do understand that I could open a sub-account in USD and convert EUR to USD by transferring between my accounts and then I could get an USD card too but there are many currencies in which they don't offer cards. So, if I use my EUR card outside the Eurozone then will they charge me a fee or will they add a markup to the card network's conversion rate?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:51 am

This page suggest there are a few options in Germany.
https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/cr...n-fee-germany/
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
This page suggest there are a few options in Germany.
https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/cr...n-fee-germany/
Thank you, this is really useful because there are international banks on the list so it may not be completely impossible for a nonresident to get one of these cards.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Most of them...
It seems Monese has not been mentioned. It's a free (or paid, depending on service tier) card giving EUR and GBP accounts. Also direct debit is coming this month.
At the moment they're grabbing market share with a 15£/euro starting bonus for new customers referred by existing ones.

Last edited by mia; Sep 9, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.