Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays credit cards - all systems unavailable for 2 days - now fixed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United

For the past 2 days, I have been unable to log in to my Barclays AAdvantage AAviator card account online - I just get a generic error page that says "That wasn't supposed to happen!"

Today I tried calling the CS number on the back of my card. Recording says "system is unavailable" and only limited info, balances as of 11/16, is available and limited functionality too. No CS live agents available.

... is going on there? For more than 48 hours a major bank basically goes dark, and there's no CS staff available when you call in?

Are you all getting the same lack of functionality with all things Barclay? Anyone know what's going on?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
For the past 2 days, I have been unable to log in to my Barclays AAdvantage AAviator card account online - I just get a generic error page that says "That wasn't supposed to happen!".....
All looks fine for mine. Is it just for AAviator cards?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks, TerryK. I only have an AAviator card - no other Barclays cards, so that's the only one I can test.

I assume your login worked OK and you could access your accounts online?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:25 am

For the past 2 days, I have been unable to log in to my Barclays AAdvantage AAviator card account online - I just get a generic error page that says "That wasn't supposed to happen!"

Today I tried calling the CS number on the back of my card. Recording says "system is unavailable" and only limited info, balances as of 11/16, is available and limited functionality too. No CS live agents available.

... is going on there? For more than 48 hours a major bank basically goes dark, and there's no CS staff available when you call in?

Are you all getting the same lack of functionality with all things Barclay? Anyone know what's going on?
Just checked and I have total functionality. For the record, I only have a Sallie Mae card with Barclay's.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....I assume your login worked OK and you could access your accounts online?
Yeap! No problem. Logged in, checked transactions, downloaded statements etc. All looks normal to me. I have three different cards but no AAviator card.

It is either just for AAviator card or something is wrong with your browser.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yeap! No problem. Logged in, checked transactions, downloaded statements etc. All looks normal to me. I have three different cards but no AAviator card.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by TerryK
It is either just for AAviator card or something is wrong with your browser.
Of course, that's what I thought at first, too (not my first rodeo...).
Getting the same error on multiple browsers and multiple computers. So don't think it's my computer or browser.
So I called their phone number. I get a message that says "Since our system is unavailable...blah blah") before I'm even prompted to enter my account number, so doesn't seem to be my account, either.

So, not my browser/computer, not my account...it's all working for you...what other variable could it be?
Geography? That seems highly unlikely (note the phone prompt described above). I'm west coast USA. You?
Is there one portal that's unique to AAviator MC only (that's all I have, sounds like you have multiple cards) and another for those with JetBlue, Arrival, etc.?
Seems the only rational distinction is having an AAviator card or not having one. Hmmm.

Anyone else with an AAviator card having login troubles?
The phone number on my AAviator is 866-928-3075. Anyone else get the message about the system being unavailable when calling that number?

Curious...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Well, looks like they just fixed it - I now can log in and access all functions. Whew.

I guess complaining about it here was what it took to get them on it.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA P DL MR UA
My BarclayCard (Arrival Plus) webpage has the balance field, payment field, transaction field, but the "Current Miles" and "Rewards and Benefits" field is missing. The transaction field is strange--it has posted transactions but the column headed "rewards" that showed the 2x miles per dollar is missing. Trying to go anywhere else on the site gets a "can't complete your request, we're doing maintenance " message. Very odd. Started last night (or that was the first time I checked in a few days).

ETA: Tried again just now and it was working but social media looks like there's been problems for over 24 hours

Last edited by KBRDU; Nov 18, 2017 at 12:32 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
The site was partially non-functional when I tried several times yesterday. I could log in but random parts were delivering an error message or system unavailable. Happened for my accounts and my wife's - I have AA, HA and Arrival accounts and she has AA and HA. Looks OK so far today.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just able to log in and access both my Choice Hotels and AA Aviator accounts. (But I did nothing more than check balances.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.