Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by nall
The Silver card can actually earn $6000 EQD, although they address overlap with the red card in the T&C.

And back on topic, there's a 50000 mile bonus for the Barclays AA business card now.
Yeah, I saw that as well... I just got the Red one 30 days ago so now just waiting for the Silver upgrade invite to show up and hoping it does. I had a crazy amount of expenses this month so I'm already close to the 1st threshold.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

arrrgh just got approved a week ago for 40.. activated today... is there any way to request a match?
Old May 2, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Has anyone who has the personal applied and been approved for business. I have personal (although really haven't used it much) and applied for the Business aviator last night and it said under review that they needed more info from me and someone would call then i got the 10 day email. So idk if to call in or wait.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
Has anyone who has the personal applied and been approved for business. I have personal (although really haven't used it much) and applied for the Business aviator last night and it said under review that they needed more info from me and someone would call then i got the 10 day email. So idk if to call in or wait.
I got the same message and then 10 hours later checked the status online and was declined. I have a personal but not much spend.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I got the same message and then 10 hours later checked the status online and was declined. I have a personal but not much spend.
I can't seem to check the status online. It keeps telling me that nothing is in my info. I'm really at a loss because I didn't input my info wrong so not sure why it's not pulling up an application for me. Is there a different checker for the business side?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:18 am

I can't seem to check the status online. It keeps telling me that nothing is in my info. I'm really at a loss because I didn't input my info wrong so not sure why it's not pulling up an application for me. Is there a different checker for the business side?
I used the link in the WIKI at the top of this thread.
check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Last edited by philemer; May 22, 2018 at 6:42 pm Reason: removed Edit button
Old May 2, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I used the link in the WIKI at the top of this thread.
I'm an *diot, I didn't even see that but THANK YOU , that one worked and it still says pending and 10 days so I think I am going to wait it out.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:23 am

I have, less than a month ago i applied for lufthansa while i had the personal red aviator open, got declined, i applied the same day for business aviator and got approved.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
I have, less than a month ago i applied for lufthansa while i had the personal red aviator open, got declined, i applied the same day for business aviator and got approved.
so there i some hope. I decided I won't call in yet, I am going to let it ride a few days and see what happens. I will keep checking the online status
Old May 3, 2018, 1:07 pm

Datapoint: Legit 20-year-old business with decent verifiable income. Have a personal card with them since mid-last year.

Thanks for your interest.
Your application is being reviewed.
Thanks for submitting an application for the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard.
We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
If we're unable to talk to you directly, we'll send a letter requesting additional information.
Thank you very much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you.

Called Recon: 866-408-4064
Reason for hold: I had a credit freeze I forgot I had for Transunion and Experian. Said they hadn't tried Equifax, but if I could unlock the Transunion, they would run the credit again.(probably would have preferred they ran Equifax) - but I had TU and EXP unlocked just prior to the call - so I said go ahead.
They wanted to know just about everything: Income, profit, overhead, years in business, employees, nature of business, how I earned revenue, he saw a few other credit card company applications this year on my credit report (wanted to know why they were made - 1 personal, 1 business app). Inquired about my other business (because that was one of my other credit applications), what it did for income, how much profit it made this year, what overhead it had, if it was in a similar business structure as the business I applied for. Wanted to know about other income used on the app (wife's employment), what she did, how long she did it, exact portion of income that was hers.
After all of that he said "as far as the credit portion is concerned, you are pre-approved with a pending approval in the amount of $14k, but said it had to go to another department for further review, and I may get another call with more questions.

Was thinking I was going to have my wife apply with $0 income on our other business, but daaaammnnnn.

Last edited by ScubaAddict; May 3, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Old May 4, 2018, 9:27 am

I applied early April with 40K offer and got approved, the offer went up to 50K recently, i called the number on the back of the card and asked for them to add 10K to match the new offer, they checked the dates and came back and said that they would, i was told if i an applied within March 26th and April 29th that they would match the new offer, this is the time frame that they have in their system, so for anyone within this time frame you should call and get matched.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Datapoint: Legit 20-year-old business with decent verifiable income. Have a personal card with them since mid-last year.

Thanks for your interest.
Your application is being reviewed.
Thanks for submitting an application for the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard.
We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
If we're unable to talk to you directly, we'll send a letter requesting additional information.
Thank you very much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you.

Called Recon: 866-408-4064
Reason for hold: I had a credit freeze I forgot I had for Transunion and Experian. Said they hadn't tried Equifax, but if I could unlock the Transunion, they would run the credit again.(probably would have preferred they ran Equifax) - but I had TU and EXP unlocked just prior to the call - so I said go ahead.
They wanted to know just about everything: Income, profit, overhead, years in business, employees, nature of business, how I earned revenue, he saw a few other credit card company applications this year on my credit report (wanted to know why they were made - 1 personal, 1 business app). Inquired about my other business (because that was one of my other credit applications), what it did for income, how much profit it made this year, what overhead it had, if it was in a similar business structure as the business I applied for. Wanted to know about other income used on the app (wife's employment), what she did, how long she did it, exact portion of income that was hers.
After all of that he said "as far as the credit portion is concerned, you are pre-approved with a pending approval in the amount of $14k, but said it had to go to another department for further review, and I may get another call with more questions.

Was thinking I was going to have my wife apply with $0 income on our other business, but daaaammnnnn.
This is why i don't want to call. I mean it's not about legitimacy, my business has an EIN and has been "in business" officially since 2008 so I do nto fill these out nilly willy but Barclays always gives me a hard time even for regular so I figured I woud go ahead and aply but would just rather leave it to chance first then call in later if it's an actual denial or the letter says verification or something. The funny thing with Barclays is that they always give me a hard time about applying for new, I have two current cards with them but the funny thing is I got fed up with one of them since the points never posted correctly and I basically used it for 2 balance transfers and they keep increasing my limit but heaven forbid I apply for a new card. It's like they know i just want the points LOL
Old May 4, 2018, 10:10 am

This is why i don't want to call. I mean it's not about legitimacy, my business has an EIN and has been "in business" officially since 2008 so I do nto fill these out nilly willy but Barclays always gives me a hard time even for regular so I figured I woud go ahead and aply but would just rather leave it to chance first then call in later if it's an actual denial or the letter says verification or something. The funny thing with Barclays is that they always give me a hard time about applying for new, I have two current cards with them but the funny thing is I got fed up with one of them since the points never posted correctly and I basically used it for 2 balance transfers and they keep increasing my limit but heaven forbid I apply for a new card. It's like they know i just want the points LOL
I agree - wish I hadn't called. In fact it went on so long, and got so deep that I almost hung up. These 'apps' give me anxiety from the point of hitting the "apply" button to when I find out whether I am approved or denied. The worst possible outcome is "application under review", because that only makes my period of anxiety extend out for long periods of time. So I have this drive to try and end it as soon as possible. Weird, I know.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
I agree - wish I hadn't called. In fact it went on so long, and got so deep that I almost hung up. These 'apps' give me anxiety from the point of hitting the "apply" button to when I find out whether I am approved or denied. The worst possible outcome is "application under review", because that only makes my period of anxiety extend out for long periods of time. So I have this drive to try and end it as soon as possible. Weird, I know.
No trust me, I would have called already but this time I am trying to be patient. I don't think I need to be grilled like that over a lousy credit card, and having to explain why i might have a balance here or there) considering when they look at my credit history , I have never even so much as had a late payment (since 1999 that my credit started) so it's not exactly like I am a huge risk (insert roll eyes here)
Old May 8, 2018, 2:01 pm

Follow up to applying on May 1 for business card. Was sent to pending and same day denial. Received letter is mail, stating too many new accounts opened and credit score .800 per transunion. Per creditkarm and TU, I am 5 accounts in last 6 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.