Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:30 am

I applied for business AA Barclay card, I received the personal card and bonus mid 2017. App said they needed more information. Connected on a call with Barclay to verify info.

They asked why I had 6 new accounts in 2017 told them I travel and different cards have different perks I also like to keep business expenses separate.

They asked if I would want to relocate credit from my other Barclay card(I opened 2 Barclay card in 2017) and said sure.

They put me on the line with another person to "verify" my business income. I had poor cell service but I think they are going to request a tax return which is fine.

I do not believe I am approved yet but will keep updated.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by RJ5929
just applied for this card, i am in 2nd personal card.

Biz card app went in to review. customer service call lasted 2 hrs. No one knows a recon phone number i should be transferred to. no one has a clue. trying all recon numbers for barcalays.

found this link to check status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS
Ok, this is weird. I'm on my 2nd personal AA Barclays card and finally decided to bite the bullet on the business version. Applied on 1/2 and it went pending. Checked on the status using the link above and it said I was denied....oh well. Well, checked the mail today and there was a bright, shiny, AA Barclays business CC waiting for me. Go figure.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I applied for this card (I have the old US Air 10k anniversary bonus card). It went to pending and got a letter asking for proof of identity such as DL. I sent it in. A week later they called wanting to verify additional business information. And got approved. I got the card a week later. Made first purchase and 40k bonus posted a week later.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I applied for business AA Barclay card, I received the personal card and bonus mid 2017. App said they needed more information. Connected on a call with Barclay to verify info.

They asked why I had 6 new accounts in 2017 told them I travel and different cards have different perks I also like to keep business expenses separate.

They asked if I would want to relocate credit from my other Barclay card(I opened 2 Barclay card in 2017) and said sure.

They put me on the line with another person to "verify" my business income. I had poor cell service but I think they are going to request a tax return which is fine.

I do not believe I am approved yet but will keep updated.
Just got approved after sent in business documents about a week ago. I had a feeling I was going to be approved as they already transferred some of CL from one personal account.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:31 pm

Do we know what the minimum credit line on this is?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nall
Do we know what the minimum credit line on this is?
Would the answer, if even known, affect your decision in applying for the card?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Would the answer, if even known, affect your decision in applying for the card?
Yes. Barclays seems to be oddly conservative for a few of us even where other banks will grant large CLs. No sense in wasting pulls.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Barclays seems to be oddly conservative for a few of us even where other banks will grant large CLs. No sense in wasting pulls.
But keep in mind you don't have to do any spend (beyond one purchase, with perhaps $1 minimum to gave 1 mile post) on this card to get the signup bonus.

Plus, since it's a business card, assuming it doesn't report to credit bureaus (I don't know if it's been out long enough yet for us to be completely sure about that yet), it doesn't matter if you do 99.999% utilization, because it won't hurt your credit score (like such a high utilization would on a personal card) if it doesn't appear on your credit report.

So that's why I'm much happier with small CLs on business cards than on personal cards. On personal cards, i never want to have a statement close with more than 30% utilization, for credit score reasons. On a business card, i don't care. So in that sense, a $5k CL on a business card is way better than a $10k CL on a personal card.

But even that only matters if I'm going to do big spend on the card (such as to get the minimum spend requirement done quickly). But these Barclay AA cards give the signup bonus for first purchase, any purchase, and give a category bonus I think only on AA purchases, so unless you're buying lots of AA flights or buying quite expensive AA flights, I don't see why a Barclay AA business card CL would matter that much.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:58 am

Interesting. I just checked my biz credit card account (on Barclays) and my 1st statement closed yesterday (26th). The only activity are for 2 charges, but because the abbreviated cycle does not include the end of the month, the annual fee has not yet been paid (and I am not trying to prepay it). So, technically I have not met the requirements for receiving the bonus. The interesting part is that there is a rewards summary section on the main page and it says "Bonus Miles Earned: 40,000". While over on the pers card, I have met all the req's and yet to receive the bonus. Gotta love consistency.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most agree!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But keep in mind you don't have to do any spend (beyond one purchase, with perhaps $1 minimum to gave 1 mile post) on this card to get the signup bonus.

Plus, since it's a business card, assuming it doesn't report to credit bureaus (I don't know if it's been out long enough yet for us to be completely sure about that yet), it doesn't matter if you do 99.999% utilization, because it won't hurt your credit score (like such a high utilization would on a personal card) if it doesn't appear on your credit report.

So that's why I'm much happier with small CLs on business cards than on personal cards. On personal cards, i never want to have a statement close with more than 30% utilization, for credit score reasons. On a business card, i don't care. So in that sense, a $5k CL on a business card is way better than a $10k CL on a personal card.

But even that only matters if I'm going to do big spend on the card (such as to get the minimum spend requirement done quickly). But these Barclay AA cards give the signup bonus for first purchase, any purchase, and give a category bonus I think only on AA purchases, so unless you're buying lots of AA flights or buying quite expensive AA flights, I don't see why a Barclay AA business card CL would matter that much.
You miss the reason why nail asked the question. Knowing the minimum CL required to open the business card would help him to gauge the probability of getting an approval. Hence, if the probability of getting an approval is LOW based on the minimum CL needed, he would not waste a pull. Do you see that? Without approval, all you talked about is MOOT.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 28, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Interesting. I just checked my biz credit card account (on Barclays) and my 1st statement closed yesterday (26th). The only activity are for 2 charges, but because the abbreviated cycle does not include the end of the month, the annual fee has not yet been paid (and I am not trying to prepay it). So, technically I have not met the requirements for receiving the bonus. The interesting part is that there is a rewards summary section on the main page and it says "Bonus Miles Earned: 40,000". While over on the pers card, I have met all the req's and yet to receive the bonus. Gotta love consistency.
This has to be the fasted I've ever gotten a bonus. Applied for card on 1/10, received it about a week later, made a charge around 1/20, statement closed on 1/26, miles hit my AA account this morning, 1/28....18 days after applying for the card.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Most agree!

You miss the reason why nail asked the question. Knowing the minimum CL required to open the business card would help him to gauge the probability of getting an approval. Hence, if the probability of getting an approval is LOW based on the minimum CL needed, he would not waste a pull. Do you see that? Without approval, all you talked about is MOOT.
Well, I think this card is too new for us to know what the minimum CL actually is. (At BofA on the business Alaska card, it seem to be $1500 CL tied to -- secured by? -- a $1500 CD that you have to open .)

If someone's really interested in quickly finding out what the minimum CL is on a Barclay business card, I would suggesting checking what it is for the JetBlue business card from Barclay, which I think has been out much longer than this one.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 28, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
If I have the personal card open right now am I eligible for the bonus on the business card?

Also, should the app be filled out like Amex business cards if I'm running a small side business (photography). Just put 1 employee and 0 revenue for sole prop?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Unless I missed it, the language about payment of the annual fee is absent from the business card offer.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Unless I missed it, the language about payment of the annual fee is absent from the business card offer.
Oh, you're right. I love the consistency at this bank. Not that I would do it, but has anyone tried to get the bonus and cancel before the fee post? Is it even possible? Seems like it would be a great way to get in trouble with Barclays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.