Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I really hope they don't close the cards down - my favorite for earning miles with American.

Once a company quits accepting applications, how often do they keep cards going? I know Chase has done that with the Ritz card, but not aware of others that don't accept applications but have been around for years after that.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
I really hope they don't close the cards down - my favorite for earning miles with American.

Once a company quits accepting applications, how often do they keep cards going? I know Chase has done that with the Ritz card, but not aware of others that don't accept applications but have been around for years after that.

Chase has also done it for the old IHG card with a $49 annual fee.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Chase has also done it for the old IHG card with a $49 annual fee.
I think legacy Chase Ink Plus cards are still going strong as well.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:25 am

Doctor of Credit (via View From The Wing) indicates the card may be back in early 2022:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barcl...-applications/

and VFTW:

https://viewfromthewing.com/disappea...nly-temporary/
mia and sdsearch like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:07 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
For those of you searching for this....

Yes, it is possible to transfer Barclays Aviator personal credit card limits to this Business Card.

With the $3k EQD Bonus for only $25k spend on the Business card I figured I would try and get this done before March 2021 before we lose EQDs.

I called Barclays....they transferred me to the credit department and they completed it almost instantly.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:52 pm

Annual fee renewal not posting?

I was approved for this card on 8/31/20, and the initial annual fee posted on 8/31/20. I paid it and did the normal spend and got all the welcome bonuses, but it's now been over a year and I haven't been billed the annual fee to renew it again. In theory it should've billed me nearly 4 months ago. Anyone else noticing this or anyone else get billed as expected?

I just logged into the card for the first time since they migrated aviatorbusinesscard.com into the Barclaycardus.com website. I see old transaction but no fee charged and no balance pending.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Do the signup bonuses appear late on this card for anyone? Reached the $1k spend part for 50k points a month ago, but still has not posted.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by jacisme
I was approved for this card on 8/31/20, and the initial annual fee posted on 8/31/20. I paid it and did the normal spend and got all the welcome bonuses, but it's now been over a year and I haven't been billed the annual fee to renew it again. In theory it should've billed me nearly 4 months ago. Anyone else noticing this or anyone else get billed as expected?

I just logged into the card for the first time since they migrated aviatorbusinesscard.com into the Barclaycardus.com website. I see old transaction but no fee charged and no balance pending.
I had same situation...was expecting annual fee so I called & prepared to see if any retention offers BUT when I asked the rep, he said there is no annual fee on this card?!?!? Even the website literature says there is an annual fee. Not sure if they are simply not charging it due to recent travel issues related to covid or have changed the structure, but either way it's back sock drawered until I have a use for it. Maybe spend a little here or there to keep active. Are there any deals/perks on this card other than if I was to actually use for travel?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rxsamg
I had same situation...was expecting annual fee so I called & prepared to see if any retention offers BUT when I asked the rep, he said there is no annual fee on this card?!?!? Even the website literature says there is an annual fee. Not sure if they are simply not charging it due to recent travel issues related to covid or have changed the structure, but either way it's back sock drawered until I have a use for it. Maybe spend a little here or there to keep active. Are there any deals/perks on this card other than if I was to actually use for travel?
My experience with Barclay is that they are more aggressive in closing accounts that are not being used than other banks. So you may want to pull it out of the sock drawer every 6 months or so if you want to keep your account open.
sdsearch and hurnik like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:24 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Any word yet on if we get any sort of LP Bonus for $25k in spend to replace the $3k EQD bonus that expires 2/28/2022?

Last edited by 355F1; Jan 12, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
payment address

I hadn't used this card since August 2021, but I resurrected it this month to start earing loyalty points. However, I didn't notice that the payment address had changed in the meantime, so I initiated a payment through my bank that went to the previous payment address saved in my bank's billpay (Columbus, GA) rather than the new one (Philadelphia, PA). Anyone else do this and know what I can expect to happen? It's been 10 days and the payment hasn't been applied to my bill although the money has been deducted from my bank account.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by rxsamg
My mind is fuzzy but I seem to recall hearing in the past that if the card went "dormant" then the annual fee was not changed.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
My experience with Barclay is that they are more aggressive in closing accounts that are not being used than other banks. So you may want to pull it out of the sock drawer every 6 months or so if you want to keep your account open.
My wife has an arrival card that we rarely use and just got a letter notifying us we had 60 days to use the card or the account would be closed.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:52 pm

Anyone have any luck getting their credit limit increased. Got a pretty low starting limit on the Biz card and was hoping to up it so I can spend more on it. The option seems to be disabled on the web portal and when I've called in, 3 times they've told me their system is down. (I waited a few days in between each call, about 2 weeks between this last one and today's.)
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:47 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Spent $25k paying some income taxes Jan 15th.

$3k EQD posted to my AA account today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.