Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, I think this card is too new for us to know what the minimum CL actually is. (At BofA on the business Alaska card, it seem to be $1500 CL tied to -- secured by? -- a $1500 CD that you have to open .)

If someone's really interested in quickly finding out what the minimum CL is on a Barclay business card, I would suggesting checking what it is for the JetBlue business card from Barclay, which I think has been out much longer than this one.
Agree on some reading on the JetBlue thread might help. Though it seems Barclays does not treat their cards equally, still the JetBlue biz card dps should be useful.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1k
I'm wondering whether by now anybody who got the Aviator business card had it show up as an account on any of their credit repors? (I don't mean the hard pull on Transunion, I mean if it was reported as an account to the personal credit bureaus) By now enough time has elapsed and enough people have applied that we should have some DPs? I'm working to be at 4/24 this summer and wary of getting this business card unless I know it's safe for my Chase 5/24 strategy...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:57 pm

FYI - minimum credit line is apparently $1k
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
FYI - minimum credit line is apparently $1k
1. How did you find that out?

2. Do you view that as good or bad?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: American Express, American Airlines, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Alaska, Southwest
Hello! I am new here and I was recently approved for a credit line of $1,000 (...) and got the card (they misspelt my name btw) and was not able to use it as they have a hold on it until I provide them proof that I have a business. As I told the lady whom approved me for the account I have an Amazon sellers account where I sold $2300 in product last year so I am far below the $20k threshold that Amazon sets to send out tax forms. I applied as a sole proprietorship so what the hell do I give them? They are asking for documents such as business tax returns, LLC agreements, subscription agreements or anything that proves I have a business because a transaction history from my amazon store apparently won't work.

Anyone have any thoughts??

They are really making me work extra hard for those 40k AA miles. :<
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:25 am

Applied and went to review last night. They pulled transunion. Currently holding personal red aviator (2nd onewithin the last 12 months). Does anyone know what the review is about? Are they going to call or what kinda information are they looking for? TIA
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Applied yesterday and got an auto-decline, my first one in a few years. Called the recon line and they went over my income and had to alter my DTI (as I have two roommates that pay for my mortgage currently and they had two auto loans, one of which was paid off last week). They reversed the decline and approved me for a 5K line.

Originally Posted by dtpham1020
Applied and went to review last night. They pulled transunion. Currently holding personal red aviator (2nd onewithin the last 12 months). Does anyone know what the review is about? Are they going to call or what kinda information are they looking for? TIA
I would call the recon line like I did and see what they say. My initial screen right after applying said it went to review and would contact me as they needed more information but the status check page showed declined.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spencer Bachus
Hello! I am new here and I was recently approved for a credit line of $1,000 (...) and got the card (they misspelt my name btw) and was not able to use it as they have a hold on it until I provide them proof that I have a business. As I told the lady whom approved me for the account I have an Amazon sellers account where I sold $2300 in product last year so I am far below the $20k threshold that Amazon sets to send out tax forms. I applied as a sole proprietorship so what the hell do I give them? They are asking for documents such as business tax returns, LLC agreements, subscription agreements or anything that proves I have a business because a transaction history from my amazon store apparently won't work.

Anyone have any thoughts??

They are really making me work extra hard for those 40k AA miles. :<
That's why, if you don't really need the card for your business, even if you have a real business, a lot of people feel it's more reliable to apply as if you don't have a business:
  • Give your name as the business name
  • Give your address as the business address
  • Give your phone as the business phone
  • 0 years in business
  • $0 income to date for the business
  • 0 employees (unless the minimum on the form is 1, because they you)
  • Sole Prioprietorship
Bank after bank, these questions are key to avoiding the bank "dirllling" you about your business (often asking for documents you don't even know how to provide).
Jaunts likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:40 pm

Do your guys have a link to login to your business account? my card just arrive and I can't login using the personal site? thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
my card just arrive and I can't login using the personal site?
Hi, newdaybegin.
For the business card there is a separate login.
(Note: It will have the name "Juniper" at the top of the log-in page.)

If I remember correctly, when I set up my account (it is now closed) I had to call Barclays to ask them how and where I could set up my business account online.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by muji
Hi, newdaybegin.

If I remember correctly, when I set up my account (it is now closed) I had to call Barclays to ask them how and where I could set up my business account online.
Thanks I just get off the phone with them, pain in the ***! but at least for 40k mile I will not complain
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Applied yesterday and got an auto-decline, my first one in a few years. Called the recon line and they went over my income and had to alter my DTI (as I have two roommates that pay for my mortgage currently and they had two auto loans, one of which was paid off last week). They reversed the decline and approved me for a 5K line.

I would call the recon line like I did and see what they say. My initial screen right after applying said it went to review and would contact me as they needed more information but the status check page showed declined.
what number did you call? I couldn't find any recon # for barclay on here

so online status showed denied, I called 8664084064 ,they asked couple of questions and was able to reverse the decision by moving my personal credit limits to the business acct.

Last edited by dtpham1020; Feb 1, 2018 at 8:30 pm Reason: new information
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dtpham1020
what number did you call? I couldn't find any recon # for barclay on here

so online status showed denied, I called 8664084064 ,they asked couple of questions and was able to reverse the decision by moving my personal credit limits to the business acct.
Called the 4064 number you had listed. Good to hear they got it sorted out.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, newdaybegin.

Wow, that's a name haven't seen in years. Barclay acquired Juniper in 2004, and according to Wikipedia, the name was supposed to have gone bye-bye around 2006!

I had at least one card with Juniper which Barclay took over, and it hasn't said Juniper for a decade.

So just how ancient is this Barclay business card website??? (Even older than the Diner Club US Professional card website perhaps? )
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My business card account is here:

https://aviatorbusinesscard.com

....and there is no mention of Juniper.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
.... (Even older than the Diner Club US Professional card website perhaps? )
As it happens the user interface is identical to the Diners Club (US) consumer credit cards (not the legacy charge card interface.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.