Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi;

I wanted to confirm that you can't double dip on the EQD with this and the Silver Aviator. I've read the T&C, which says you can't exceed the maximum, but I didn't see where the maximum was specified as $3k EQD.

If it matters, it would be my first year of having the business card (had the Silver Aviator for a while).
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:42 am

are there any restrictions on getting the bonus if you already received a bonus from the consumer red card?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by dascc
are there any restrictions on getting the bonus if you already received a bonus from the consumer red card?
No. I've done both.
dascc likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
The AF just hit on my Barclays AA business card. If I close it do I have to wait 2 years before I can app again? I can't get the signup bonus with the card open correct?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
How long did it take for you to be approved? AND
How long does it take for card to arrive after approval?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Red259
The AF just hit on my Barclays AA business card. If I close it do I have to wait 2 years before I can app again? I can't get the signup bonus with the card open correct?
I too got charged first year AF 10 days ago. Did you cancel for refund?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
How long did it take for you to be approved? AND
How long does it take for card to arrive after approval?
I applied June 22nd and am still waiting on a decision. They have an abnormally high number of apps and said it will take longer than usual.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I applied on 7/1, the same day they send me a letter which I got on 7/6, they are asking me to send a copy of my DL/SS and original utility bill or bank statement (which I don't have because of electronic statements). The only issue I found that I need to to send those documents by mail (no fax or email). If I check my application I get "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you". I used to have Silver Aviator which I canceled like 6 weeks ago.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by fedechat
I applied on 7/1, the same day they send me a letter which I got on 7/6, they are asking me to send a copy of my DL/SS and original utility bill or bank statement (which I don't have because of electronic statements). The only issue I found that I need to to send those documents by mail (no fax or email). If I check my application I get "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you". I used to have Silver Aviator which I canceled like 6 weeks ago.
You can't print out a statement? I do that if I need to and I usually do it all electronically.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by fredc84
You can't print out a statement? I do that if I need to and I usually do it all electronically.
Yes I can (not an issue), but I found it weird they said original when many people use eStatement.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any idea why they’d ask for all that? Do you have a short credit history? Anything else?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive

Any idea why they’d ask for all that? Do you have a short credit history? Anything else?
Something very similar happened to me earlier this year. I got what was, to me at least, a ridiculous 20th (or 19th) century letter asking for copies of stuff I didn't have, like a social security card. So I just gave up, if for no other reason than that it said all the stuff had to reach them by 30 days from the date of the letter, which was something like 12 days before I even received their letter.

FWIW, I have more credit cards than dogs have fleas, never get turned down (other than this one, to the extent it's a turn-down), and one of my oldest cards is a Barclays AA card. Made no difference -- it was as though I did not / do not exist to them.

OT, but the only good thing to come out of this waste of time was that it motivated me to get a copy of my birth certificate so that I could then get a social security card!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Something very similar happened to me earlier this year. I got what was, to me at least, a ridiculous 20th (or 19th) century letter asking for copies of stuff I didn't have, like a social security card. So I just gave up, if for no other reason than that it said all the stuff had to reach them by 30 days from the date of the letter, which was something like 12 days before I even received their letter.

FWIW, I have more credit cards than dogs have fleas, never get turned down (other than this one, to the extent it's a turn-down), and one of my oldest cards is a Barclays AA card. Made no difference -- it was as though I did not / do not exist to them.

OT, but the only good thing to come out of this waste of time was that it motivated me to get a copy of my birth certificate so that I could then get a social security card!
Because yeah, I so do not have copies of those anymore! Yikes. I was planning to apply in the next day or two but am wondering if I should (potentially) waste the app/hard pull.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drewp123
Applied Saturday and am pending approval/denial.

I called and was told they have a high volume of applicants. They said it will take the full 7-10 days to have an answer.

Was only asked:

1) Industry
2) Any foreign clients

FWIW, It's a 5 year old company. I have two personal Barclays cards and was 0/24 when applying.
FYI, it took 11 days to receive my approval.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Because yeah, I so do not have copies of those anymore! Yikes. I was planning to apply in the next day or two but am wondering if I should (potentially) waste the app/hard pull.
My wife wasn't asked to submit any documentation for her app (about 6 weeks ago) for this card. Was approved after a few days or so. Years in business, revenue, etc. were all zeros in her app. ~25 year solid credit history, 800+ FICO, no hard pulls for that bureau in the past 24 months. No idea what drives the request in some cases and not others. To me it's worth the hard pull to try but YMMV of course.
Stgermainparis likes this.

Last edited by 84fiero; Jul 15, 2019 at 11:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.