Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by B747forever
They don't ask for SSN when applying for the employee card, only name/DOB/address. So it won't show up on said persons credit report.
Chase doesn't ask for SSN on personal card AU's and yet somehow those still appear.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
my credit limit was only $650 to begin with
Wow, that seems really low. I would say Barclay doesn't "like you" very much. And you're asking if you should apply for another Barclay card now?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Wow, that seems really low. I would say Barclay doesn't "like you" very much. And you're asking if you should apply for another Barclay card now?
I love credit cards!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
So I've completely paid off the card. The main company account shows a balance of $0. However, when I look at the individual account (that has the same 4 digits of my card number) it still shows a balance of about $500.
Since my credit limit was only $650 to begin with, it also shows available credit of $90 or so.
I made the payments at least a week ago!!
I'd call Barclay. I don't recall if the sub-account will update at the statement close or not.
What's odd is that yours shows the same account #.
Mine has the Corp account with last 4 digits that are completely different from the sub-account number.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So my statement closed yesterday and "Total AAdvantage Miles Sent to American Airlines" is listed as 77,329 (that's the 65k SUB+10k AU+spend). But it's not showing on my AA account. Is there a lag or do I need to call? I'm not in a rush but want to make sure I don't have an issue.
Miles usually show up the day after the statement is available to download.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I can't find this specifically addressed by DoC... Has anyone verified that the EMPLOYEE card does not show up on the employee's credit report? We know the business card will not show up on the business owner's report but I can't find anyone specifically verifying the same for the employee card.
Best workaround is to make your <18 yo child or maybe even your dog the AU. Using your kid, you might get them some credit history (works with Amex, though not seemlessly), and they probably don't need to worry about 5/24 until age 19 since Chase doesn't want to approve you until you've had your own CC from another bank for a year it seems.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
I'd call Barclay. I don't recall if the sub-account will update at the statement close or not.
What's odd is that yours shows the same account #.
Mine has the Corp account with last 4 digits that are completely different from the sub-account number.
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

My corp shows a completely different #.
My sub-account # shows the last 4 digits of my card.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by txpenny
Miles usually show up the day after the statement is available to download.
Thanks. They weren't there in the AM of 2 days after but were there in the PM. All good.
txpenny likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:54 pm

Are there any restrictions between Citi AA Biz and Barclays AA Biz cards?

My understanding is earning SUB on one does not affect eligibility to earn SUB on the other, and the 48-month language of Citi doesn’t affect Barclays, is that right?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dream of Flying
Are there any restrictions between Citi AA Biz and Barclays AA Biz cards?

My understanding is earning SUB on one does not affect eligibility to earn SUB on the other, and the 48-month language of Citi doesn’t affect Barclays, is that right?
Correct.
Dream of Flying likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
For Barclays biz cards, how long after the AF posts do you have to cancel and get a refund?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:30 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I was approved for a new Aviator Biz card after closing my last one 2 months ago. They gave me the same $650 limit due to low income on business. Had to call in because they thought I still had a credit line open from the last one (and it shows on the website) even though all cards were closed. I told them that will force me to cycle the credit limit just to take a trip and they didn't seem to have an issue with it.

Weird that they ask for personal income and still only gave me $650...
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I was approved for a new Aviator Biz card after closing my last one 2 months ago. They gave me the same $650 limit due to low income on business.
What do you mean by "due to low income on business"? I applied (as I always do for business cards) with my name as the business name, my address as the business address, my phone as the business phone, 0 years in business, $0 business income, 0 emloyees, sole proprietor.

And my result with that $0 business income? $14k credit limit!

How you possibly have less business income than $0*, and how could your $650 be due to low business income when my $0 business income gave me $14k?

*OK, I'm sure in the real world you could have a business loss that would be less than $0, but I don't think the Aviator Biz application allows for inputting of negative numbers for business income, does it?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:40 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
What do you mean by "due to low income on business"? I applied (as I always do for business cards) with my name as the business name, my address as the business address, my phone as the business phone, 0 years in business, $0 business income, 0 emloyees, sole proprietor.

And my result with that $0 business income? $14k credit limit!

How you possibly have less business income than $0*, and how could your $650 be due to low business income when my $0 business income gave me $14k?

*OK, I'm sure in the real world you could have a business loss that would be less than $0, but I don't think the Aviator Biz application allows for inputting of negative numbers for business income, does it?
My last card also gave me $14k on $0 income. Not sure why this one was $650 except I had to engage with a person to get it approved. Maybe they put something different in there after asking me if the business was producing income? Also while my accounts all showed closed my initial denial was due to "sufficient credit is available on my account". I think one of their systems still thinks I have a $14k credit line with them and maybe this is why I received the low initial credit amount.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
My last card also gave me $14k on $0 income. Not sure why this one was $650 except I had to engage with a person to get it approved. Maybe they put something different in there after asking me if the business was producing income? Also while my accounts all showed closed my initial denial was due to "sufficient credit is available on my account". I think one of their systems still thinks I have a $14k credit line with them and maybe this is why I received the low initial credit amount.
Mine was $650 also but didn't have to engage with a person.
Was approved in August.

$0 income 0 years in business etc same as you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.