Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
As mentioned above, it's way too early to know! If it does post, we might not know for another month or so. To know that it doesn't post, we'd have to wait at least 2 months (because that's how long some new card accounts take to appear on credit reports in cases where they do appear on credit reports).

So if the answer really matters to you (because you're trying to get/stay below Chase's 5/24), you have to wait a couple months before applying.
I only asked again because I just got the regular aviator card and that posted to my report within a week of being approved so I figured barclays was just fast all around.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
I only asked again because I just got the regular aviator card and that posted to my report within a week of being approved so I figured barclays was just fast all around.
The fallacy in your assumption is that one data point about such timing does not prove anything in general.

For example, what if Barclay always posts new accounts to credit bureaus always on the same calendar day of the month? You could then run into one week, when someone else (who applied three weeks earlier) would run into one month, just because of when your card opened vs theirs!

So just because your car account posted within a week does not prove (and should by itself not even suggest) that all Barclay personal accounts post within a week.

Now, if you show us a large collection of datapoints about how fast Barclay posts personal cards, maybe we can shorten the wait some. But not based one or two or three datapoints only.

Btw, this same fallacy is seen all over FT where people ask "how long does X take to transfer to partner Y". when again it's often done in regularly-scheduled batches and there is no one "how long" because it depends on when you initiate the transfer relative to when the next scheduled batch transfer happens.

You need to think of all the reasons why a delay might happen before you can come to conclusions about how relevant one datapoint for such a delay is.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 14, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:33 am

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shimps1
So I didn't really read the terms, just applied blindly when this offer came out. As you can see, I'm located in IA, and I just got a decline letter stating that is offer is not available in IA. Odd, b/c the regular Aviator Red is. Any idea why the business version is not available?
I don't see what reading the terms has to do with it. I just searched both the landing page and the terms page for "Iowa" and I see no reference. Then looked for limitations on who can apply, and it only mentions Puerto Rico.

So how would reading the terms have helped? Did you find a reference to Iowa somewhere in terms once you read them?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Apparently Barclays has a problem with an Iowa law, and no longer issues cards there (personal or business):

https://www.walla.by/blog/1510172672...aycard-in-iowa
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Barclay cards no longer available in Iowa?

Originally Posted by mia
Apparently Barclays has a problem with an Iowa law, and no longer issues cards there (personal or business):

https://www.walla.by/blog/1510172672...aycard-in-iowa
Are existing Barclay cards issued in Iowa being closed, or is it just they're not accepting new applications?

Will getting a mailing address in another state work around this?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:21 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Brussels
. I applied for it yesterday and was approved after calling in to verify identity. Strange, I still have a personal version that was converted from that US Air Card,
Would holding the Aviator released about this time last December 2016 count against opening the business version?

To soon to tell?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhdena
Would holding the Aviator released about this time last December 2016 count against opening the business version?

To soon to tell?
It would take someone who got approved for the business version who got the person Aviator in the past year to post a datapoint on that. Ie, someone may have experience with that already, but just hasn't said so yet.

AFAIK, Barclay either denies you, or approves you and gives you the bonus. I haven't heard of cases where they approve you yet don't the give you the bonus (if you make a first purchase, and pay for both that and the annual fee). So there's not that much danger in trying, is there?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:30 pm

any thoughts about when or if they may up the bonus on this card like they did with the personal card?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
any thoughts about when or if they may up the bonus on this card like they did with the personal card?
Without knowing how they're marketing this card, it's hard to say.

The original word was that Barclay has the right to market cards onboard AA planes and at airports. Is this card being advertised in the business class magazine onboard AA yet? (That's the only place i seem to remember seeing business AA card ads onboard before, back when Citi was the only issuer of AA cards).
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Some work arounds

It' been something that has prevented new Barclay's accounts in Iowa for several years. However the AA Avaiator Card is an exception but I don't know why.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:26 pm

Has anyone figured out how to set up autopay on Barclays' business card site?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:31 am

just applied for this card, i am in 2nd personal card.

Biz card app went in to review. customer service call lasted 2 hrs. No one knows a recon phone number i should be transferred to. no one has a clue. trying all recon numbers for barcalays.

found this link to check status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Last edited by RJ5929; Dec 29, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
Good find; thanks.
Just created a wiki for this thread and placed the link there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.