Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
So I applied last week for this card. Got the boilerplate "Request Pending," along with an e-mail message to the same effect.

The e-mail has a last sentence which reads:

You can also visit our website to check the status of your application at myapplicationstatus.com.
I figured, why not check that out? So I did. Repeatedly. After a few days now, I continue to receive (only) the following message:

We're sorry, no applications received in the last 90 days match the information entered. Please contact customer service at 1-877-523-0478 to check the status of your application.
Thank you.
This got me to wondering whether they really have my application or not. I called the number. It turns out to be a regular (i.e., non-business) account number. After a bit of back-and-forth with a CSR at this number, she said she would transfer me to the business card people. She did. That was a pretty hard phone tree, but eventually I got to a number to check application status. That did not yield a person, but did yield the now-familiar message that no applications received ... blah, blah, blah.

Not sure if I am asking or telling... Telling: This is what happened. Asking: Should I just let it go and wait for an up or down by mail? Or is this indeed an indication that my application is lost?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:20 am

DP

Applied on December 30. Received email saying "You can also visit our website to check the status of your application at myapplicationstatus.com." Tried checking the status today (January 8) online. Saw "We're sorry, no applications received in the last 90 days match the information entered. Please contact customer service at 1-877-523-0478 to check the status of your application.
Thank you." Called to check the status, transferred twice, denied due to too many applications in December.

They said there were 3 applications "in December alone." CSR inflexible, 810+ Transunion / 780+ Experian, before December the last application was 6 months prior.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@Biggie Fries - the application status is listed in the wiki of this thread. It's different for business cards (not sure why their website/email is not updated to reflect).

Does anyone know whether reconsideration will be updated in the status website? They said they were going to move my credit line around to approve the biz card, but it's been a couple days and the website still says denied.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
@Biggie Fries - the application status is listed in the wiki of this thread. It's different for business cards (not sure why their website/email is not updated to reflect).

Does anyone know whether reconsideration will be updated in the status website? They said they were going to move my credit line around to approve the biz card, but it's been a couple days and the website still says denied.
Wow, I hadn't noticed that the link here is different. Thanks.

Alas, for whatever reason, I continue to get the same (non)-response, i.e., that there is no such application in their system. I guess I'd worry more about this if (a) I had not received a confirmation e-mail; (b) there was definitely a hard-pull on my credit report; and (c) poor pkoo (just above) seems to have been a non-person in their system, too, before becoming enough of a person (applicant) to be dismissed. Barclays, Barclays, ... sigh.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Does anyone know whether reconsideration will be updated in the status website?
Answering my own question... It updated - so that link does work, just slower for reconsideration.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
DW applied and was approved for this card tonight. First Barclay card in ~ 24 months.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:02 am

I had Barclay arrival & Aviator RED (transfer from US airway card) for many years.
Based on many previous post I read for 17 pages, this Business version Aviator card should be different product (i.e. I can also get the sign-up bonus even I had personal Aviator Red) ---> pls let me know if I am incorrect . thx

Also, I had many Biz credit card before (chase ink, citi AA ....AE spg, hilton..) all easy to get approval by using SSN and sole proprietorship to apply. Is Barclay harder than other credit card biz version and require a lot of official Biz documents?

thx
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by aopluu
I had Barclay arrival & Aviator RED (transfer from US airway card) for many years.
Based on many previous post I read for 17 pages, this Business version Aviator card should be different product (i.e. I can also get the sign-up bonus even I had personal Aviator Red) ---> pls let me know if I am incorrect . thx

Also, I had many Biz credit card before (chase ink, citi AA ....AE spg, hilton..) all easy to get approval by using SSN and sole proprietorship to apply. Is Barclay harder than other credit card biz version and require a lot of official Biz documents?

thx
1. It's different, you're good
2. No
fedechat likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:03 pm

Looks like the offer has changed to 50k points "after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days"

It's a low amount so I guess it's worth doing still.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Does this card no longer earn $3k EQD after $25k spend like the personal Red Aviator?

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Does this card no longer earn $3k EQD after $25k spend like the personal Red Aviator?
It's still showing it in the Benefits section on the business application page, while not showing it in the equivalent place on the personal Red application page.

Whether that's because that because they are keeping it long-term on the business card (perhaps since there are no Red vs Solver versions of the business card?), or whether they will just get rid of it in different timing, that I don't know.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:48 am

Bonus is now 60k miles after $1000 in purchases in the first 90 days (annual fee not waived).
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:45 pm

If I have the Aviator Silver personal card and get this business card, is there anything I need to look out for regarding benefits, AA purchases, EQM/EQD bonuses when reaching spend thresholds, etc? Does it matter which card I use?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mxracer95
If I have the Aviator Silver personal card and get this business card, is there anything I need to look out for regarding benefits, AA purchases, EQM/EQD bonuses when reaching spend thresholds, etc? Does it matter which card I use?
For AA purchases, no. But this card gives 2x miles at presumably a different mix of non-AA merchants than the Silver card does, so you'd want to pay attention to that for non-AA purchases. (This card's landing page spells out where it gets 2x. What I don't know is where Silver gets 2x, since you can't apply for Silver, only upgrade to it. Red has no 2x other than AA at all.)
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:18 am

I applied for this card and got the " We're sorry, no applications received in the last 90 days match the information entered. Please contact customer service at 1-877-523-0478 to check the status of your application. Thank you" message on the app status page. I do have a fraud alert on my credit report. It took a week, but I finally got an ID verification call and was approved. The app status page never showed an app, so it seems to be pretty durn worthless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.