Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
My business card account is here:
https://aviatorbusinesscard.com
....and there is no mention of Juniper.
Sorry, I was mistaken.
It was a different Barclays business card where it still says Juniper at the top of the page - the Barclays Hawaiian Airlines business card.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:57 pm

My business card login for the Barclay business card shows Juniper in the upper left.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: American Express, American Airlines, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Alaska, Southwest
Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's why, if you don't really need the card for your business, even if you have a real business, a lot of people feel it's more reliable to apply as if you don't have a business:
  • Give your name as the business name
  • Give your address as the business address
  • Give your phone as the business phone
  • 0 years in business
  • $0 income to date for the business
  • 0 employees (unless the minimum on the form is 1, because they you)
  • Sole Prioprietorship
Bank after bank, these questions are key to avoiding the bank "dirllling" you about your business (often asking for documents you don't even know how to provide).
I followed every step you went through EXCEPT the income part. It did not occur to me to put $0.
I supplied them with a Doing Business As Document with everything in my name so I guess we'll see.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:54 pm

Can I apply for both Personal AND Business Aviators?

Hi there, I'm trying to get the 160000 AA miles. Would I be able to apply to both personal and business cards to save a hard pull? I've been scouring the web and cannot find a DP. This will be my first Barclays. Currently have CSP/CIP/CF. Thanks a ton!

Rony
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Heyrony
Hi there, I'm trying to get the 160000 AA miles. Would I be able to apply to both personal and business cards to save a hard pull? I've been scouring the web and cannot find a DP. This will be my first Barclays. Currently have CSP/CIP/CF. Thanks a ton!

Rony
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Heyrony.

You can apply for both, but I'm no sure whether you can save a hard pull.

First of all, in case you're not aware, it's credit bureaus that combine pulls, not banks (Amex may forego pulls for existing customers sometimes, but that's not the same thing as combining pulls), and they only combine them if the two pulls look so similar that they can't be sure they weren't duplicates. But at some banks, business card pulls look very different from personal card pulls, and thus never combined.

Second of all, if you don't get instantly approved for both, one could do the pull on a different date than the other , and pulls made on different dates are never combined.

But why worry so much about a pull? Isn't 40,000 AA miles enough value for a pull?

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by "the 160000 miles". The offers for the personal card just went down from 60k to 50k. But a personal plus business Barcaly AA card only gets you to 90000 miles now (100000 before), and if you do both personal and business Citi cards (if you've not opened or closed either of those within the past 2 years) you'd end up with more than 160000. So I don't understand the 160000 reference.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:20 pm

Any issues with Barclays getting the business card if you already have the personal?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo
Any issues with Barclays getting the business card if you already have the personal?
No. I got both within the last six months.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:37 pm

newbie question here. Does Barclays or any other credit card company care if you buy your groceries or gym membership with their "business" card to get the miles? Do they actually police your purchases?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by deadmoneywalking
newbie question here. Does Barclays or any other credit card company care if you buy your groceries or gym membership with their "business" card to get the miles? Do they actually police your purchases?
They do not care.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

Autopay setup available via phone only

Originally Posted by mo_nc
Has anyone figured out how to set up autopay on Barclays' business card site?
I called the # on back of card (800-945-2028) and they were able to set up autopay for me. I had to provide routing & account info as they cannot see or use the info you've put into their website. Took about 10 minutes and takes 10 business days to become effective...so you may have to pay your current or upcoming bill manually.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Heyrony

Rony
Others have a very detailed response to this question above, i thought i should add my experience when i applied for personal and business on the same day ( personal was auto approved, applied first), business was second and got denied, the letter said too many recent applications. everything is YMMV, i believe the best way to go with Barclays is 1 app every 5-6 months.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Others have a very detailed response to this question above, i thought i should add my experience when i applied for personal and business on the same day ( personal was auto approved, applied first), business was second and got denied, the letter said too many recent applications. everything is YMMV, i believe the best way to go with Barclays is 1 app every 5-6 months.
How many inquiries?
What was your FICO?
What did they start your spending limit at on the personal card?

Also, should I ask for a CLI on mine 6 months from the approval date? Or after 6 statements have been cut?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by 355F1

How many inquiries?
What was your FICO?
What did they start your spending limit at on the personal card?

Also, should I ask for a CLI on mine 6 months from the approval date? Or after 6 statements have been cut?
Just a DP for my account.

I applied for both personal and business within minutes of each other on the same day (obviously, but just so there's no ambiguity).
Personal was approved, business was pending.
In a couple of hours, the business was approved.

Now just need to confirm that both accounts have their respective bonuses awaiting first purchase and AF payment.

Cheers!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:44 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by lodit
Just a DP for my account.

I applied for both personal and business within minutes of each other on the same day (obviously, but just so there's no ambiguity).
Personal was approved, business was pending.
In a couple of hours, the business was approved.

Now just need to confirm that both accounts have their respective bonuses awaiting first purchase and AF payment.

Cheers!
What are your starting limits? They gave me $9,600 on my personal.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1

What are your starting limits? They gave me $9,600 on my personal.
$18k personal, but then just $2k business.
Not sure what's up with that.

Used my own info for business account, if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.