Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Now live: https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html

-40K miles after first charge
-$95 AF
-Companion Cert

Would be nice to know if this card shows up on the CRA.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 9, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:05 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Can you confirm if Barclay reports business apps to the CRAs?
All I tell you today is that the account has not yet appeared in the Experian Android app.

Annual fee was billed simultaneously with account creation. I have made one purchase, it posted, and I have generated a payment to test that everything is configured correctly. (This will be used in our business.)
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mia
All I tell you today is that the account has not yet appeared in the Experian Android app...
Thanks.

I am not familiar with their app and typical lag times between events and their appearing in the app. Can you provide any context around what you know to be typical delays between events and their appearance in that app? That is, since it has been N days since the event (you were approved for a card), and it typically takes M days until such an event is reflected in the app...it may just be a typical processing delay, or it may be it won't ever appear.

As an example, IIRC apps for Amex cards typically take at least a month (maybe up to 2-3 months) to appear on credit reports. If Barclays credit reporting is subject to some delay of more than a few days, then it could be that it just hasn't hit yet.

It would be great if you could check that credit report regularly and report back if it hits, or if it doesn't hit at all (for say, 90 days).

Thanks for sharing what you can.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Thanks.

I am not familiar with their app and typical lag times between events and their appearing in the app. Can you provide any context around what you know to be typical delays between events and their appearance in that app? That is, since it has been N days since the event (you were approved for a card), and it typically takes M days until such an event is reflected in the app...it may just be a typical processing delay, or it may be it won't ever appear.

As an example, IIRC apps for Amex cards typically take at least a month (maybe up to 2-3 months) to appear on credit reports. If Barclays credit reporting is subject to some delay of more than a few days, then it could be that it just hasn't hit yet.

It would be great if you could check that credit report regularly and report back if it hits, or if it doesn't hit at all (for say, 90 days).

Thanks for sharing what you can.
It can take a couple months for cards that do appear on credit reports to appear on those credit reports. So you're going to be waiting a while to find out from this whether they report to EQ/EX/TU.

But this isn't Barclay's first business card, and you'd think that if they reported their business cards to EQ/EX/TU, someone would have noticed it and talked about it online by now. Take a look at this page from DoC's site:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/which...-cards-report/

It has some clear reports that they don't report, and then one or two muddy reports (did these people see their full account on their credit report, or just an inquiry -- the way they phrased it, it's not clear to me, but at DoC's site it's not an interactive forum like FT where you can "drill" to get at fuller data) that they might have reported.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:24 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:04 pm

Success

Thanks, Mia, for details of this card in the now closed thread on this subject. I applied for it yesterday and was approved after calling in to verify identity. Strange, I still have a personal version that was converted from that US Air Card, yet had to pay the credit report question answer game.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:56 pm

Is Barclay being sensitive to number of new cards on this card or is it the consensus that Barclay sensitivity to total new cards is limited to the Arrival + cards?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
hmmm, i think i'll wait to see if they up the bonus to 60k miles
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Now live: https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html

-40K miles after first charge
-$95 AF
-Companion Cert

Would be nice to know if this card shows up on the CRA.
reddit dp's indicate that it does
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
It's only been out 2 days, officially, don't see how there could be any data points yet. One guy on reddit said he got a hard pull.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Impossible. The question is whether the actual open account shows up on credit reports, not whether a pull does. The report on reddit is only about a pull. (And it can only be about a pull at this early point.)

In case you're not aware, the reason for this question is because Chase determines whether you're at below 5/24 or not by looking for all bank cards on your credit report and counting the ones with an "opened on" date in the past 24 months. So what matters is whether the Aviator business cards show up there, not whether a pull for the card shows up elsewhere on the credit report.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Impossible. The question is whether the actual open account shows up on credit reports, not whether a pull does. The report on reddit is only about a pull. (And it can only be about a pull at this early point.)

In case you're not aware, the reason for this question is because Chase determines whether you're at below 5/24 or not by looking for all bank cards on your credit report and counting the ones with an "opened on" date in the past 24 months. So what matters is whether the Aviator business cards show up there, not whether a pull for the card shows up elsewhere on the credit report.
Poster edited his original post to indicate that only hard pull showed but that out of 20 biz cards this was first one he had a hard pull on. He originally posted that it showed on his credit report. There were people who applied for this when it was first leaked so some may have had it for a couple of weeks already if they got in on it before it got shut down so I wouldn't say it is impossible for it to show if they got it on the original leaked offer

Been churning for quite a few years. Sitting at 35/24 right now. I get the difference. Was pleasantly surprised when Barclay approved me for the jet blue card yesterday when I already had 9 new cards in the last 6 months
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So do we know if the business posts to personal credit report.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
So do we know if the business posts to personal credit report.
As mentioned above, it's way too early to know! If it does post, we might not know for another month or so. To know that it doesn't post, we'd have to wait at least 2 months (because that's how long some new card accounts take to appear on credit reports in cases where they do appear on credit reports).

So if the answer really matters to you (because you're trying to get/stay below Chase's 5/24), you have to wait a couple months before applying.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:45 pm

Does Barclay look at number of new accounts for biz applications like they scrutinize it for personal accounts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.