Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by detony
...and how many days did it take Barclays to get back to you? I know they say it could take 10 biz days...I am currently at 8 days and waiting...thanks.
Same here, applied on May 7th. So counting business days its 8 days.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
They could just be swamped with the elevated offer. If mine had taken that long, I would have just called. It could be something as simple as identify verification but they could also really drill down into you business information so be prepared for that. The numbers are in the wiki if you want to try to call.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by detony
...and how many days did it take Barclays to get back to you? I know they say it could take 10 biz days...I am currently at 8 days and waiting...thanks.
I got an email within 48hrs thanking me for going paperless. Appeared in the app then as well. Might be worth the call to check on the status, or answer any 302 (Delaware) area code calls you may get.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
DP: The 80k SUB sucked me in for a YOLO app. I previously had this card and closed it 12/21 and literally just weeks ago was approved for the Aviator Red for the second time. It went pending and Barclays called for more info today. Verified basic info, took a quick look at my credit report and said they've extended the max available to me but offered to move credit from personal to open it. I accepted. Hung up and the card already shows in my account.

To add: middle of the road APR for both my personal and business cards, but expected the max APR (if I was approved) on this app since I barely squeaked through.
Update: first statement cut last night and shows the 80K bonus.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
My approval was instant-I did it online. As soon as I hit submit on my application, it came up approved
Old May 23, 2022, 6:00 pm

Also instant approval here for a sole proprietorship. I have not had a Barclay card in years so not sure how that affected the overall app. Credit rating around 825
Old May 25, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Silver
day 13, pending...

Nice to see some INSTANT APPROVALS in this thread. Still waiting. Applied 13 biz days ago, status website says they need 10 days. I called 877 523 0478 and spoke to a rep and she confirmed it was pending...and to wait the 30 days. I asked if I could offer any information to assist and she said no, just wait. Credit score 825, last Aviator biz a/c closed 36mo ago. A second person in my household using a different biz also applied, waiting 8 biz days so far but this person received a call on day 4 from Barclays asking to confirm date of birth. Rep said thanks for that verification, and now the credit folks will call you (a separate call,) which has not been received. Credit score 818 last biz card closed 38 months ago and website also still says 'pending'. I am not used to having delayed approvals and such clunky review processes. This does not feel like Chase or Amex.
84fiero and tassojunior like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Filler03
Same here, applied on May 7th. So counting business days its 8 days.
Now on day 12 (13 if you count the day the received it as a full day). Called twice before on this, told from the credit department I was approved for $12,600 limit and that the "Know your customer" department needed to verify things. Talked to them twice before today and they said they have all they need, just hasnt been looked at yet and they can take up to 7-10 days. I call today (day 12 as noted) and now CSR says 10-12 days. I alert her that it is day 12 after she says I should hear something by the end of the WEEK! Unbelievable they are.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:18 pm

I pulled the trigger yesterday and it went to pending. Got a call this morning from area code 302 (thank you whoever mentioned it upthread as I sure would have ignored it) and after talking to the rep I was approved. Initially he said he needed to reallocate some limit from my personal card but for whatever reason eventually he said it was not needed and gave me good limit. My first application in over 2 years. They pulled TU.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Lotz
applied under the 60/10 offer. Got my 70K a few days after my balance hit $1000, well before 1st statement.

pessimistic about getting the offer ever upped to the 80K as several denials already.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:59 pm

Found some comments on DoC said Barclays may ask for business certificate or other documents if the application is pending. What if I don't have real business, or haven't start business yet? What document should I prepare.

I did plant to apply through
Sole Proprietor. Thanks.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:30 pm

Hi I just closed this card after first annual fee posted through customer service number but rather than speaking to a live agent used their automated prompts to close the account. The automated message gave no mention of if the annual fee will be waived/refunded so then I spoke to a live agent who refused to say whether or not it will be waived because I already "closed the account "

Anyone know if by using automated phone prompts to close the card if then did have annual fee waived?
Old May 31, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Quick approval

Applied late last night, status checker said approved 6 hours later in the morning. Legit LLC with employees; applied as a sole prop. No Barclays card since I closed the Arrival Plus two years back.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:38 pm

Anyone able to reduce the cash adv to zero? I talked to a csr today and she was at best stupid and at worst on crack;. not sure she even knew what I was talking about.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi I just closed this card after first annual fee posted through customer service number but rather than speaking to a live agent used their automated prompts to close the account. The automated message gave no mention of if the annual fee will be waived/refunded so then I spoke to a live agent who refused to say whether or not it will be waived because I already "closed the account "

Anyone know if by using automated phone prompts to close the card if then did have annual fee waived?
I think it's a federal law that you get the AF back if you cancel within 30 days of it posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.