Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Looks like I will be cancelling mine with no more Status bonus (like the old $3k EQDs for $25k spend)....
I'm wondering if I should do the same. The 3000 EQD bonus was the main reason I got the card to begin with. That advantage now appears to be gone since AA's move to Loyalty Points.

I don't see any benefits to this card when compared to the personal Aviator Red card. Am I missing something?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:39 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aj_potc
I don't see any benefits to this card when compared to the personal Aviator Red card. Am I missing something?
  1. Earn 2X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent at eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants.
  2. 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by 808traveler
Sorry for posting this here, but i didn't find a thread for Barclay's business cards so this one seemed most appropriate. So just a heads up, I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card.

This shouldn't really affect aviator biz for now since it's not currently open for applications.
Ohhh, I hope not. Just applied last weekend and called today and still no word on the biz card. I did biz for 5/24 purposes.

The "reconsideration" number guy sounded like he was slugging beers in Guam. What I could make out was "we don't know, we don't know, people will approve or not in few days. Email if approve, letter if not approved".

Isn't there any way to get a real decisional person to ask to close my JetBlue personal to open this biz card? That 1st recon # isn't that.

Last edited by tassojunior; Apr 20, 2022 at 8:06 pm
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 808traveler
I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card.
Do we have any data points from FTers?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Ohhh, I hope not. Just applied last weekend and called today and still no word on the biz card. I did biz for 5/24 purposes.

The "reconsideration" number guy sounded like he was slugging beers in Guam. What I could make out was "we don't know, we don't know, people will approve or not in few days. Email if approve, letter if not approved".

Isn't there any way to get a real decisional person to ask to close my JetBlue personal to open this biz card? That 1st recon # isn't that.
I thought there was something from DoC site about this and it turned out to be an error on Barclay's part. But it wasn't for the AA card as they weren't accepting applications at the time.

All 3 credit bureaus do NOT show my Barclay AA business card opened on 3/1/22. They DO show my CL decrease on my personal card (had to shift credit over to be approved for the business card).
beltway and tassojunior like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hurnik
I thought there was something from DoC site about this and it turned out to be an error on Barclay's part. But it wasn't for the AA card as they weren't accepting applications at the time.

All 3 credit bureaus do NOT show my Barclay AA business card opened on 3/1/22. They DO show my CL decrease on my personal card (had to shift credit over to be approved for the business card).
Thanks for the DP.

DoC post: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/has-b...points-needed/
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:41 am

At the insistence of 2 telephone reps that I absolutely did not have a biz application in, I let one do a telephone app for me. But now checking on the biz status link in the wiki, 2 applications are showing as pending. The link they referred me to could not find any applications. So it's critical to use the status link in the wiki (thank you!). Barclays is "different".
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:08 pm

update Success:

Just received an email thanking me for going paperless on my Aviator. Never got a welcome email.

I was approved for the one applied for online exactly one week ago and also declined for the one the telephone csr submitted for me yesterday when she could not locate an application. (too much to hope both approved by Barclays.....they're tight). Hoping they don't both hit as pulls.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if I can qualify for the business card sign up bonus if I already have the personal Aviator Red and received a bonus for that a couple years back?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by numan
Does anyone know if I can qualify for the business card sign up bonus if I already have the personal Aviator Red and received a bonus for that a couple years back?
I did the opposite without any issue, and only a few months apart. I opened the Biz card back in June of '21 and an Aviator Red in Oct. I did use the promo code from an AA flight I had in Sept, so I don't know if that made a difference or not. I received both bonuses.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the main part of a snail mail letter I got this week:

Regarding Your AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard:

Dear sdsearch,

Due to a technical error, you did not receive the Anniversary Bonus on your AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard account.

We have now added your Anniversary Bonus to your account and it will be reflected on your statement within 1-2 billing cycles.

I presume they are referring to this:

5% AAdvantage mileage bonus

earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Limited-time offer of 80k miles + $95 statement credit with $2,000/90 days. Looks pretty juicy.

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
Old May 3, 2022, 8:58 am

Curious what APR everyone is being issued. 792 credit score and they offered me a 25.24%. I am offended
Old May 3, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SenderAnon
Curious what APR everyone is being issued. 792 credit score and they offered me a 25.24%. I am offended
Mileage cards generally don't give good APRs
Old May 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Mileage cards generally don't give good APRs
Citi AAdvantage Business Platinum = 15.99%; Citi AAdvantage Personal Platinum = 18.24%; Barclays Aviator Red Personal = 16.24%

25.24% just seemed a tad aggressive and was curious if other new applicants are seeing the same highs.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.