Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat
it'll pull your credit but most business cards don't count to the 5/24 rule.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:21 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this is more of a credit card question vs. an AA question, we will move this over to the more relevant forum for further discussion. Thanks.

/JY1024, AAdvantage forum moderator
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:27 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the relevant credit card forum, as Barclay rules come into play here and not necessarily AA/AAdvantage.

/JY1024, AAdvantage forum moderator
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by peaches070
it'll pull your credit but most business cards don't count to the 5/24 rule.
Wells it’s in there now lol
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ishfish101
But, Chase will not "see" this hard pull.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whoops sorry by accident that's great news I was so worried unfortunately though even though it was a business card barclay pulled my personal TU score SUCKS I was so close to 4/24
Chase's 5/24 has nothing to do with pulls.

Chase determines your N/24 status by looking at the credit card accounts on your credit report (both the open and closed cards) and counting how many of those credit card accounts show an "opened on" date in the past 24 months.

Since Barclay business card accounts don't appear on your EQ/EX/TU credit report, they are invisible to Chase's N/24 counting process, even if Chase can see the pulls.

But because of what I just explained, it doesn't matter, Chase won't count it, because that's not what Chase counts.
beltway and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Thanks Spammer. After additional research I think they would have counted also, but I ended up deciding against purchasing. The best bonus terms were at highest purchase levels and expired 12/8. It would have been ~ 5K to purchase. Given that I don't have an immediate plan for the extra miles, I ended up passing. Too risk adverse to spend that much just to sit on them and potentially devalue.

Plus, it's just become painful to use the Award website for booking international travel and AA is showing no inclination or interest in fixing the latest problems. I'm a lot less motivated to buy and spend extra miles when I have to spend hours on multiple different websites to find potential Award flights, followed by more hours on hold and huca-ing with AA to actually confirm and book an Award they can't find the first (or second or third) time. Not that AA's website was perfect by any means. But it was a heck of a lot more fun & useful two months ago than it is now.

Added Note Following Original Post moved from the AA Forum:
I don't completely understand why my post was moved to the credit card section, especially this thread on a new Business Card? My question wasn't a Business Card question or anything to do with a new credit card bonus earning. Although I didn't specifically mention whether Silver or Red Card, (except by indirect reference to the 2X miles), it was a question specific to using my Aviator Red Card (2X airline miles) --- a Red card I've had for years ---- to purchase additional AA miles from AA's posted offers on AA's website on the Red card. I've not considered purchasing additional AA miles before. It seems like it would have been more appropriate to move to the "Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)", if anything?
I'll answer to "SaS"; "Spammer", not so much.

I agree with your added note, but flagging your post and making that comment to the moderators.would be the best way to get it sorted.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I'll answer to "SaS"; "Spammer", not so much.

I agree with your added note, but flagging your post and making that comment to the moderators.would be the best way to get it sorted.
SaS -- lol --- Sorry about that! I didn't catch the full implication of your name. Good point! No Spammers!

I did send a note to the moderator but must've of screwed something up because it didn't go through, so I added the note. I'm not too worried about it -- just mainly added the note because I didn't want anyone to think I'd been trying to do something "scammy". :-) It was kind of weird the question was moved.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:18 pm

Just to follow up: I cancelled my Aviator Business Card a couple of months ago only after missing my payment for the annual fee, and the (badly printed, like a xerox of a xerox) letter I got from Barclay said that I still owed the fee and penalty! I was not relishing arguing with them about this, esp as I couldn't do so online since I no longer had an account.

However they sent me a monthly statement (?!) last week noting that the fees had been credited back, so nothing owing.

That's better. Though I suspect I'm going to continue to get statements for a while.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 am

Just applied for this card as a sole proprietor, $0 income, and 0 years in business.
I was instantly approved!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Data point: sole proprietor, ~$35k annual income, 5 years in "business," and was instantly approved for $14k credit line. First Barclays card of any kind, ever.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:47 pm

I just found out my Barclays Biz AA account’s online access has been “restricted”. Is that something that just happens for no reason?

No unusual activity. No MS. 100% organic spend. Minimal spend just met. Paid in full.

And I have never churned any Barclays or AA cards. In fact this would be my very first ever Barclays or AA sub.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying
I just found out my Barclays Biz AA account’s online access has been “restricted”. Is that something that just happens for no reason?

No unusual activity. No MS. 100% organic spend. Minimal spend just met. Paid in full.

And I have never churned any Barclays or AA cards. In fact this would be my very first ever Barclays or AA sub.
What does it say on the site? do you get a restricted page when you try to login? Did you call Barclays? Let us know the outcome please and thank you
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by junkemail
What does it say on the site? do you get a restricted page when you try to login? Did you call Barclays? Let us know the outcome please and thank you
Not sure if I am allowed to upload a picture but when I log in I see a light blue box saying your online access is restricted and please call. I can see my last statement and payment and miles. The box is a picture not text so not easy to copy and paste.

Bonus miles already posted to AA and AA account looks perfectly fine though I didn’t test beyond calling the 1 800 number to check if I got transferred to a live agent. I wasn’t. In fact it was darn near impossible to try to get a hold of a human.

I will probably call Barclays tomorrow. Curious to why. Will report back.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying

I went to check if mine said something, and while it didn't, it asked for 2 security questions answers, as if it had forgotten my browser. And the other day the personal Barclays website asked me for 2-factor authentication for the first time, and started throwing me to another browser window to log in. But today the personal website did not ask me for 2-factor authentication, even though it still threw me to another browser window to log in.

So it could be just normal Barclay random security stuff having nothing to do with what the card earns.
Dream of Flying likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.