Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Questions...does AU spend count towards min spend requirement? also, main card does not show my AA FF#, is that normal?
Employee spend counts. No AAdvantage number on card.
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by mia
thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia
mia, do you know (1) whether the employee is issued a different card number and, relatedly, (2) whether the cards show up on the AU's credit report?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:09 pm
mia

To my knowledge all business card issuers use a separate card number for each employee. I have no reason to think that an employee card would be reported, but I have never asked any of my employees to check.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter
My last card also gave me $14k on $0 income. Not sure why this one was $650 except I had to engage with a person to get it approved.
your other card is utilizing your entire credit "worthiness" and you should lower that one or close it to free some for new applications? maybe? i'm just sayin.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:28 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerduude
your other card is utilizing your entire credit "worthiness" and you should lower that one or close it to free some for new applications? maybe? i'm just sayin.
The last card has been closed for months...
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Has anybody had delays receiving their 3,000 EQDs from the business card after 25,000 in spend?

I met $25k minus any fees or similar Oct 10, paid it off Oct 15. Statement closed Oct 23, all miles posted to aadvantage for 25k this year, but no EQDs have posted. From what I have read online, they usually post a couple of days after statement close.

I sent them a secure message inquiring about this, and they said they couldn't help me. I suppose I will call them. Has anybody else had to wait two statements to get these to post? I'm getting worried as we approach the end of year.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by theisomizer
Has anybody had delays receiving their 3,000 EQDs from the business card after 25,000 in spend?

I met $25k minus any fees or similar Oct 10, paid it off Oct 15. Statement closed Oct 23, all miles posted to aadvantage for 25k this year, but no EQDs have posted. From what I have read online, they usually post a couple of days after statement close.

I sent them a secure message inquiring about this, and they said they couldn't help me. I suppose I will call them. Has anybody else had to wait two statements to get these to post? I'm getting worried as we approach the end of year.
They process on the 11th of every month. You should see it on your account within the next couple days.
theisomizer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:45 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Does it take a while for the "company" account to sync up with the individual cards?

I have a ~$30 balance on my company account, but the main card shows ~$110 balance. AFAIK all the transactions have shown up on the company account including the AF. I did make my last payment to the company account after I opened an employee card for my business associate that may not be reflected under the individual card, but the amounts are still way off.

Great bonus, but their biz cards are a pain to manage if you actually use them for organic spend/business transactions.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mxracer95
They process on the 11th of every month. You should see it on your account within the next couple days.
You were correct. The EQDs posted today the 13th, and now I'm back to EXP. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:07 pm

I'd forgotten how awful Barclays is, but after signing up for this card last month, it's all coming back.

First, that website interface. Did they time-travel a web designer from 2004 to build that?

Also, their fraud-detection algorithm is infuriatingly stupid. On the second day I used the card, Barclays flagged & rejected a routine Amazon charge that would have earned my SUB. They then helpfully sent a snail-mail letter, which took a week to get here. (Guys, it's 2019. Pick up the phone if you think there's a problem.)

Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:14 pm
mia

Originally Posted by beltway
First, that website interface. Did they time-travel a web designer from 2004 to build that?
It's outsourced to, or licensed from, someone. BMO/Harris Bank has the identical interface for the Diners Club credit cards that they issued briefly.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Great bonus, but their biz cards are a pain to manage if you actually use them for organic spend/business transactions.

agree the web account access is confusing to navigate.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:43 am

Ugh. I got this card a while back, got the bonus, but then put it in the drawer as it wasn't really offering anything other cards don't. Probably went 9-10 mos without using it at all. I'd thought to cancel when the annual fee hit, but when I got a notice in the mail, I went online, and got the message 'account closed.' So I didn't think much more about it. I am freelance, essentially run a small business with one employee (myself) and have a lot to keep track of, so forgetting that I'd ticked off this one online errand wasn't a great surprise.

BUT...a few days later what comes in the mail from Barclay but a notice that I missed the payment, and now there's a penalty tacked on. And they start calling me.

So I go back online, navigate (more carefully) not to Barclaycard, but to aviatorbusinesscard.com and...well you can imagine what I found. My browser's autofill feature had taken me to the site for the personal Barclayrcard I once had, which was in fact closed.

I called Barclay, finally got a very curt CSR, and when I explained the situation, she kind of interrupted me and said 'So you want to cancel the card?' I was hoping for some kind of retention offer, but said, 'I guess so unless you can offer something else?' She cancelled the card and pretty much said that's that.

Except now I got a notice in the mail that I still owe the annual fee and penalty.

Not looking forward to arguing this with them...if I can even get someone to talk to.

Also their mailed notices are very cheaply printed, like their printers are low on ink.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:01 pm

Just got approved for the card and set up an account. Ooph... it's like we're back in the 90s or something. Anyway, is there some way for me to track the bonus? I can't even find pending transactions. The personal site is so much better...

Last edited by AlphonsoMango; Dec 3, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.