Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:02 am

Anyone having a hard time getting their airline reimbursements? I was told by the rep last night that they only issue airline expense reimbursement for like 7 major airline company (Delta, Southwest, Jetblue, Alaska, Virgin Atlantic, United and AA).

Charge was made on Southwest and posted on 11/30 and have yet to see the credit show up on my account.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:16 pm

AA GC worked for me

Purchase two $50 AA gc on Nov 30.
I got a travel credit applied to my statement on Dec 5.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:03 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
Only AA and WN works for airlines GC reimbursements?
Has there been confirmation on WN GC?

LAX
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Well drinks on Alaska reimbursed. Only thing I've got to work so far. Whats the best number to call to try and get purchase manually pushed through? I've got a Delta wifi charge from Gogo that clearly shows inflight that I would love to get credit for.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rune87
....I've got a Delta wifi charge from Gogo that clearly shows inflight that I would love to get credit for.
Gogo isn't eligible. It is not billed by airlines.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
Gogo isn't eligible. It is not billed by airlines.
And yet it specifically calls out in-flight services and wifi on the brochure. Other than the signup bonus this card is definitely not getting renewed. Too little benefit and way to hard to use the benefits. Guess its the AA GC route and just sell for Amazon Credit.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by LAX
Has there been confirmation on WN GC?

LAX
WN GC do not work. There have been successful reports of WN ticket and fee charges under ~$60 as triggering the credit. I guess you could buy a cheap ticket then cancel it and use the credit like a GC.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I redeemed miles for domestic and international award travel on Delta, and international award travel on United. The taxes for all these trips were reimbursed until it reached $100 limit.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by janner34
I redeemed miles for domestic and international award travel on Delta, and international award travel on United. The taxes for all these trips were reimbursed until it reached $100 limit.
Were those all flights that originated in the US ? Or did flights originating outside US work as well? Thx.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:29 am

Bought $100 American Gift Card on Dec 4...no credit so far. Maybe I should have bought 2 * $50
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
Were those all flights that originated in the US ? Or did flights originating outside US work as well? Thx.
The United credit was for a one-way redemption Europe to US.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
Bought $100 American Gift Card on Dec 4...no credit so far. Maybe I should have bought 2 * $50
Check the "View rewards and benefits" button under the rewards tab of your account. I purchased $100.00 AA e-gift on 12/2 and I noticed it showing up there before it posted.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by P Martin
Check the "View rewards and benefits" button under the rewards tab of your account. I purchased $100.00 AA e-gift on 12/2 and I noticed it showing up there before it posted.
Thanks for heads up on this...I see it listed there.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:09 pm

This card is turning out to be awful. Aside from the initial sign-on bonus, the airline expense process is a complete mess. I booked award flight back in November 30th and used the card to pay for taxes. Per BOA, credit should post within 7 days and we're well over the timeline. Anyone in the same boat?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ponickka
......I booked award flight back in November 30th and used the card to pay for taxes. Per BOA, credit should post within 7 days and we're well over the timeline. Anyone in the same boat?
Which airlines? Only some domestic airlines are included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.