Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:10 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
I always go for AA GCs, although reselling them is also not without risks.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by wandaved
They are not reset. The 18 month inactivity timer is reset but each purchase has it's own 5 year expiration date. You can see this on the United site.
Do you mean if I don't have activity on United Travel Bank for 18 months, then the existing funds will be all lost?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat | Delta Plat | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by popomama
Do you mean if I don't have activity on United Travel Bank for 18 months, then the existing funds will be all lost?
I think it's one of those "in theory" type of messages. It's in the fine print - but would they have the balls to do that to someone that is potentially a good paying customer?

After-all, these are effectively just us giving the airlines interest free loans, simply because of credit card churning.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by PinaColada
Reset for me today too!

Adding a partial datapoint too. $30 charge at ticket counter for a checked bag with Hawaiian Airlines on Jan 5th for a family members flight. Checked yesterday and nothing showing in meter but today (Jan 13th) it was posted in the meter, yet refund has yet to post.

Edit:
Adding one more datapoint from a friend, made the $100 in the United TravelBank purchase on Jan 5th. Meter is showing credit fully used, with refund yet to post.
Updated on the datapoint. Both the Hawaiian Air checked bag fee and United TravelBank purchase on Jan 5th had its credit refund posted yesterday Jan 15th.
Ericfw likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1
Every year I always debate between the AA GC or United Travelbank...

What say you guys? Travelbank is good for combining with others (like Platinum $200) - But it also has the limitations of 5 year expiration.

AA GC on the other hand can be sold, etc?
Think it depends on your status and the other cards you have. The 5 years expiration isn't a limitation for me because I fly at least 2 times a year (non-pandemic) domestically.
For me I already had some travel funds I need to use up from a UA flight I cancelled last year, and already did Plat $200 on UA TB this year since it's the easiest out of the options, so in a sense I already have way too many funds allocated in UA. When actually buying flights with cash, most of the time I choose the airline that's cheapest still (esp. when traveling with other people and accommodating for their schedules).
Because of that, I actually prefer to diversify to other airlines, so AA it is for me on BofA Premium this year.
I have Alaska MVP which can be used on AA flights now due to the Alaska joining OneWorld, and UA Silver, so it's equivalent to me in terms of benefits I receive.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:35 pm

Data point:

01/06 Bought $100 American Airlines gift card
01/15 Received $100 airline credit
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:13 am

My $100 credit posted on 1/15 from a purchase on 1/1 that posted on 1/3. My meter never reset and still shows the $100 credit from last year.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by BostonAndy
My $100 credit posted on 1/15 from a purchase on 1/1 that posted on 1/3. My meter never reset and still shows the $100 credit from last year.
What did you buy?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by popomama
What did you buy?
AA GC
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
AA GC
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:37 pm

Purchased $100 AA eGC on 1/15 and the credit was posted on 1/21.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got 2*100 AA eGC and got reimbursed 6 days later(2 accounts).
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:50 pm

$49 for WN's taxes & fees was reimbursed
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:44 pm

$100 AA GC purchased on 1/18 and $100 credit posted on 1/24.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
Think it depends on your status and the other cards you have. The 5 years expiration isn't a limitation for me because I fly at least 2 times a year (non-pandemic) domestically.
For me I already had some travel funds I need to use up from a UA flight I cancelled last year, and already did Plat $200 on UA TB this year since it's the easiest out of the options, so in a sense I already have way too many funds allocated in UA. When actually buying flights with cash, most of the time I choose the airline that's cheapest still (esp. when traveling with other people and accommodating for their schedules).
Because of that, I actually prefer to diversify to other airlines, so AA it is for me on BofA Premium this year.
I have Alaska MVP which can be used on AA flights now due to the Alaska joining OneWorld, and UA Silver, so it's equivalent to me in terms of benefits I receive.
I see from the FAQ of this thread that is says United TravelBank should be purchased from the mobile site - is this how you purchased yours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.