Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:38 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by PinaColada
Maybe someone who can edit the wiki can add the DP.
Done.
PinaColada likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does the meter disappear if you've already spent your $100? I'm trying to figure out whether I've used the credit for this year and I've seen the meter before, but can't find it now to save my life.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Does the meter disappear if you've already spent your $100? I'm trying to figure out whether I've used the credit for this year and I've seen the meter before, but can't find it now to save my life.
It does not disappear on my end. You can find it from stanj comment below. Similarly you can find it on the mobile BofA app. Click the card and scroll pass the 'Pay', 'All transactions', 'Track Spending'. Then under the 'Premium Rewards ' box, click 'Premium Benefits'. It will take you to the meter, where you can see your activity for this year.

Originally Posted by stanj
Go to the Rewards tab of the account page, then in a column to the right hit the "View rewards and benefits" blue button.

Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
AA gift card

Purchased a $100 digital gift card on-line on 7/5/21. Reimbursed full amount on 7/10/21.
MisterBill and fanatic like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 9:42 pm
soy

Programs: various
dumb question but is the $100 travel credit each calendar year or membership year?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by soy
dumb question but is the $100 travel credit each calendar year or membership year?
Calendar year
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:15 pm

I know BoA will let you have two cash rewards cards at the same time, but I assume you have one currently, then product change another to the Cash rewards to then have two? Reason I ask is because I have the Premium Rewards and a Cash Rewards, but would ultimately like two Cash rewards but figure the best approach is to product change my Premium to Cash, then have two Cash rewards momentarily, and then apply for a new Premium card a month (or longer) later? Is it 24 months between SU bonuses for Premium? It just seems to make sense when using a hard pull and SUB to use it on the Premium which is greater SUB than the Cash?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I know BoA will let you have two cash rewards cards at the same time, but I assume you have one currently, then product change another to the Cash rewards to then have two? Reason I ask is because I have the Premium Rewards and a Cash Rewards, but would ultimately like two Cash rewards but figure the best approach is to product change my Premium to Cash, then have two Cash rewards momentarily, and then apply for a new Premium card a month (or longer) later? Is it 24 months between SU bonuses for Premium? It just seems to make sense when using a hard pull and SUB to use it on the Premium which is greater SUB than the Cash?
I hold a premium and two cash rewards at present.

1) Product changed Alaska visa card to cash rewards.

2) Applied for a new Premium card (never had one before)

3) Product changed ancient Power Rewards mastercard to an MLB card.

All this more or less back to back earlier this year.

​​​
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:49 pm

Global Entry Credit

Hi any data pints how long this credit takes to post? Or does it happen when statement period ends?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by castcore
Hi any data pints how long this credit takes to post? Or does it happen when statement period ends?
I belive mine came through within a day after the charge went from pending to finalized - definitely not a wait until the end of the statement period.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I hold a premium and two cash rewards at present.

1) Product changed Alaska visa card to cash rewards.

2) Applied for a new Premium card (never had one before)

3) Product changed ancient Power Rewards mastercard to an MLB card.

All this more or less back to back earlier this year.

​​​
I see, so it appears that like Chase, you can product change to get two of the same card? I have Premium and Cash rewards now. I'd like two cash rewards and one premium, so I guess I need to convert my premium (had longer than 12 months) to a cash rewards and then apply for the premium?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:20 am

Successfully received BoA premium rewards travel credit for Delta seat fees (economy/main to preferred/main on Delta.com via desktop). DELTA AIR Seat Fees Delta.com CA charged on 8/7 and posted on 8/9. Then Card Travel Credits posted automatically on 8/14 (transaction date 8/12 and only showed once posted)
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:54 pm

I see, so it appears that like Chase, you can product change to get two of the same card? I have Premium and Cash rewards now. I'd like two cash rewards and one premium, so I guess I need to convert my premium (had longer than 12 months) to a cash rewards and then apply for the premium?
There are multiple versions of the Cash Rewards card. Get a Susan G. Komen or U.S. Pride card if you want a second. Unless you really want to apply for the Premium Rewards card again and see if they'll give you the signup bonus a second time.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
There are multiple versions of the Cash Rewards card. Get a Susan G. Komen or U.S. Pride card if you want a second. Unless you really want to apply for the Premium Rewards card again and see if they'll give you the signup bonus a second time.
The idea is that if I'm going to take a pull, get the premium, and then use my current premium on Jan 1 to get the $100 incidentals and then convert to Cash rewards once that posts. I essentially wind up with two cash rewards cards while getting the $100 incidentals, and the delta on the SUB between cash and premium as "extra." Obviously with what's been announced for November I'll be waiting until the info about the Honors program(s) look like before I apply for anything BoA related.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The idea is that if I'm going to take a pull, get the premium, and then use my current premium on Jan 1 to get the $100 incidentals and then convert to Cash rewards once that posts. I essentially wind up with two cash rewards cards while getting the $100 incidentals, and the delta on the SUB between cash and premium as "extra." Obviously with what's been announced for November I'll be waiting until the info about the Honors program(s) look like before I apply for anything BoA related.
What November announcement?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.