Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: IHG Silver
Originally Posted by LAX
Thanks. It would be great if you can report back once you receive your check. My concern about using websites such as this is I have to provide the PIN first, so there is a chance I might get nothing in return. I don't mind paying a fee as long as I get cash value back as promised.

LAX
Check received and cleared from CardCash. The experience was smooth and I would use them again.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:52 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by G2244
Check received and cleared from CardCash. The experience was smooth and I would use them again.
Thanks for reporting back. I will take a look.

LAX
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by G2244
Thanks. I finally just purchased a gift card and will sell it to them.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA/AA/Delta/BA/SW/US airway
Does AA GC still trigger the airline credit? Any recent DP?

Last edited by EmailKid; Dec 5, 2020 at 6:18 pm Reason: There is no need for huge font
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by ericwuyq
Does AA GC still trigger the airline credit? Any recent DP?
Yes. Just bought it three days ago (after reading recent success stories on DoC), The charge posted yesterday and the $100 credit is already showing up as earned. The gift card still isn't available (takes three days) but will be shortly after midnight, at which point I will submit it to Cardcash.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA
Anybody with trouble buying a gift card on AA?

I tried for the $100 ecard and keep getting this:

We're Sorry, But There Was A Problem Processing Your Request.

Please call American Airlines Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT at 1-800-677-9555 with reference number XXX to complete your order.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by MovingAverage
Anybody with trouble buying a gift card on AA?

I tried for the $100 ecard and keep getting this:

We're Sorry, But There Was A Problem Processing Your Request.

Please call American Airlines Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT at 1-800-677-9555 with reference number XXX to complete your order.
Maybe something is down? Try again today or on Monday?

Meanwhile, I got my AA card this morning and submitted it to Cardcash. I got an email saying that they had accepted it 12 minutes after the order confirmation email.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Bought random value AA GC (like $80.xx) on 12/2, the bar shows all credit used up on 12/6. Still waiting for credit to appear on the card, but it's the weekend so i'm not worried. Datapoint is, you can buy AA cards of random value.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:18 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Maybe something is down? Try again today or on Monday?

Meanwhile, I got my AA card this morning and submitted it to Cardcash. I got an email saying that they had accepted it 12 minutes after the order confirmation email.
I haven't gotten around to submitting mine. It would be nice if you can provide another DP (hopefully positive).

LAX
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
I haven't gotten around to submitting mine. It would be nice if you can provide another DP (hopefully positive).

LAX
In terms of payment? I selected Paypal Express and just got paid, a bit over 24 hours from the time that the card was submitted and accepted.

Last edited by MisterBill; Dec 7, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:19 pm

DOC mentions all card holders are eligible for $50 grocery credit. Has any one not gotten it? I made a $2x.xx purchase in mid july in grocery store, and did not get the credit, am wondering if i need to do the full $50 and not just partial to get the credit. Have been an existing card holder for any years, and did not receive an email or popup. Its easy enough to spend, but is still annoying that I did not get the partial credit yet.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:18 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by MisterBill
In terms of payment? I selected Paypal Express and just got paid, a bit over 24 hours from the time that the card was submitted and accepted.
That's right and thanks for your report. I want to feel somewhat assured I will get paid as promised after handing over the PIN for GC.

LAX
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:08 am

Hi,
my reimbursement meter moved on Thursday, but credit still has not posted. Is it normal?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:37 pm

"I made a $2x.xx purchase in mid july in grocery store, and did not get the credit, am wondering if i need to do the full $50 and not just partial to get the credit. Have been an existing card holder for any years, and did not receive an email or popup. Its easy enough to spend, but is still annoying that I did not get the partial credit yet."

According to DoC credit will appear after all $50 spent or in the end of the year (if partial).
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by esha1
Hi,
my reimbursement meter moved on Thursday, but credit still has not posted. Is it normal?
Yes. Most people report that it takes a week or so to get credited. Personally, once I see it on the meter and the transaction detail when I click on the meter, I'm not concerned about getting the actual credit.

Update -- got credit from BofA today, less than a week after the purchase.

Last edited by MisterBill; Dec 10, 2020 at 8:28 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.