Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:34 pm

Alaska ticket additional collection datapoint:

Booked round trip ticket for $316.20 on 9/28/2020
Alaska wallet balance worth $274.4 used
BofA Premium rewards card charged $41.80
Reimbursed $41.80 a week later on statement.
P Martin likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:47 pm

My AF will be posting soon and I'm going to try downgrading the card. So I just bought a virtual AA gift card in order to use the travel credit. Will update once I get the credit.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:07 am

I was told they downgraded this card for me almost a week ago and I still don't see an AF refund or the new product name in the BoA account. Anyone who's gotten a downgrade, can you post how long it took?
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: UA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
I was told they downgraded this card for me almost a week ago and I still don't see an AF refund or the new product name in the BoA account. Anyone who's gotten a downgrade, can you post how long it took?
BoA doesnt refund the AF after it posts by rule, especially if youve used the card at all after it posts. Ive seen one datapoint of someone calling soon after posting to get it waived
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:13 am

What are the reliable sites to sell AA gift cards?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by esquiar
BoA doesnt refund the AF after it posts by rule, especially if youve used the card at all after it posts. Ive seen one datapoint of someone calling soon after posting to get it waived
I was able to get AF refunded after it posted but before statement closed (if this makes a difference). Also, have a checking account with them.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by robchow
I was able to get AF refunded after it posted but before statement closed (if this makes a difference). Also, have a checking account with them.
I was offered an annual fee refund, only if I cancel the card. The fee posted 10/30 and they said I could get a refund if I cancel this month. I have spent 20k+ on the card this year.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:40 pm

I got the refund a few days after my post. The annual fee notice they send you before they charge it clearly says they'll refund it within 30 days after the statement with the AF cuts if you close the card - it also appears to be true for downgrades.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by quizzer25
What are the reliable sites to sell AA gift cards?
I think Card Cash has the best deal at 75%.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
My AF will be posting soon and I'm going to try downgrading the card. So I just bought a virtual AA gift card in order to use the travel credit. Will update once I get the credit.
Have you received the credit? Just to confirm, you bought an eGC on aa.com?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:56 pm

Nov 20 DP: 3 Alaska tickets of $44 credited one week after purchase, canceled and deposited into wallet.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
Can you please confirm that you received the credit? Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 7:00 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
I think Card Cash has the best deal at 75%.
Is it reputable? How quick do you get paid?

LAX
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG Silver
Originally Posted by LAX
Is it reputable? How quick do you get paid?
LAX
So far seems good from my side. I just sold off my $100 AA ecard to them 2 days ago (after waiting the 72 hours for ecard to become valid to use). You have to give them a valid credit card number as well just fyi (I suppose to cover them from scammers). There are options for ACH and PayPal but I chose to have them send a check since I am in no hurry. I will report back once it shows. Overall site seems legit and one I may even use more in the future.

EDIT: Also still waiting for the actual credit to show up on my card but the $100 meter has moved to $0 and shows AA as the source. I assume this just takes a bit more time and may even need to be triggered from a statement being ran but not sure yet.
MisterBill likes this.

Last edited by G2244; Nov 27, 2020 at 9:12 am Reason: additional info added on BoA credit status
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by G2244
So far seems good from my side. I just sold off my $100 AA ecard to them 2 days ago (after waiting the 72 hours for ecard to become valid to use). You have to give them a valid credit card number as well just fyi (I suppose to cover them from scammers). There are options for ACH and PayPal but I chose to have them send a check since I am in no hurry. I will report back once it shows. Overall site seems legit and one I may even use more in the future.

EDIT: Also still waiting for the actual credit to show up on my card but the $100 meter has moved to $0 and shows AA as the source. I assume this just takes a bit more time and may even need to be triggered from a statement being ran but not sure yet.
Thanks. It would be great if you can report back once you receive your check. My concern about using websites such as this is I have to provide the PIN first, so there is a chance I might get nothing in return. I don't mind paying a fee as long as I get cash value back as promised.

LAX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.