Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Best strategy for easiest route to status/good rewards (UK)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 4:45 am
Original Poster

​​Hi,

I'm a UK based member of loads of points schemes and feel I could get more out of optimising certain schemes or piling into one/converting, but I fail to understand what gives the best value/reward.

I'm a member of:
  • Nectar
  • Clubcard
  • Morrisons more
  • Avios
  • Aegean miles and bonus
  • Virgin points (formerly flying club)
  • Hilton honours
  • Best western rewards
  • Starwood
  • Plutus credit card
probably a few more.

Any tips on the easiest route to a status tier which can be matched etc or the best one product to funnel all my spends and attention to would be greatly useful.

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum.

If it helps, I'd like either discounts on virgin Atlantic flights/ upgrades, or hotel status which can be matched by different hotel brands

Last edited by joncasey; Apr 10, 2023 at 4:59 am
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you open THIS American Express Platinum card (£575/year) you will receive Hilton and Marriott Gold status, travel insurance, and the ability to transfer points to the airline and hotel programs listed HERE including (from your list) British Airways, Virgin Atlantic; Hilton, Marriott; and Nectar.

Bear in mind that status matches are temporary and typically a once off feature. Discussion here:

Airline Status Match Master Thread
joncasey likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
If you open THIS American Express Platinum card (£575/year) you will receive Hilton and Marriott Gold status, travel insurance, and the ability to transfer points to the airline and hotel programs listed HERE including (from your list) British Airways, Virgin Atlantic; Hilton, Marriott; and Nectar.

Bear in mind that status matches are temporary and typically a once off feature. Discussion here:

Airline Status Match Master Thread
Wow, thanks. That's an interesting product. I didn't know the status matching was temporary, that's a bummer.

I don't really understand the points transfer on that link you kindly put, is it like a "hub" to transfer all of those points into any of the other points systems ?!!
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joncasey
I don't really understand the points transfer on that link you kindly put, is it like a "hub" to transfer all of those points into any of the other points systems ?!!
No. You spend a Pound with the American Express Platinum card, and you earn one Membership Rewards point. You can transfer those points to the partner airline and hotel programs listed. You cannot transfer points from those programs to American Express.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.