Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:37 am

(removed - duplicate)

Last edited by jrbdmb; Oct 13, 2017 at 4:54 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

My 50k bonus points are pending today. Perfect timing since my first statement closing date is tomorrow
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
My 50k bonus points are pending today. Perfect timing since my first statement closing date is tomorrow
+1. I'm pretty happy with the card. It's a great everyday card for me. Now, if UA or AS gc's work, then it'd be perfect.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by MMU
Regarding travel insurance, does anyone know what the 'covered' reasons are?

"Provides reimbursement of up to $5,000 per person, per trip, for the unused prepaid non-refundable travel expenses including passenger fares, tours, and hotels if you have to cancel due to a covered reason."

Most airlines refund cancellation/change fees on non-refundable tickets for 'covered' reasons s.a. medical/family emergency already.
I hate how vague their information is before you apply for the card. I did get mine, and several days later got the fine details. This pic shows the relevant information for what is considered a "Covered Reason" for trip cancellation/interruption coverage:
Attached Images  
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:14 am
MMU

Thanks so much 0limits for providing the detailed insurance information. This has helped me a lot in deciding whether this new card is better than my travel rewards card.

It looks to me the covered reasons are the same as what the airlines already offer. In the past, I successfully claimed refunds for non-refundable tickets from multiple airlines. All I needed was appropriate documentation.

At least to me, this premium card does not look better than my travel rewards card. It gives lower rebates for travel (3.5% vs. 4.125% with preferred rewards or 2% vs. 3% w/o) and offers no significant benefits to justify the annual fee.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MMU
Thanks so much 0limits for providing the detailed insurance information. This has helped me a lot in deciding whether this new card is better than my travel rewards card.

It looks to me the covered reasons are the same as what the airlines already offer. In the past, I successfully claimed refunds for non-refundable tickets from multiple airlines. All I needed was appropriate documentation.

At least to me, this premium card does not look better than my travel rewards card. It gives lower rebates for travel (3.5% vs. 4.125% with preferred rewards or 2% vs. 3% w/o) and offers no significant benefits to justify the annual fee.
But the annual fee can be wiped if you use it towards airline incidentals. I'm sure you'll take advantage of it if you travel quite a bit
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:15 pm
MMU

I normally don't incur incidentals (extra bags, upgrades etc.). Even if I do, I need to pay $95 to get $100 back. It's not worth the trouble just to make $5

For a $10k travel budget, i would be losing $60 for using this card instead of the travel rewards card.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Bought some drinks in-flight on AA. BofA automatically credited the funds back 9 days after. :thumbsup:
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by MMU
Really, why is this?

Edit: Okay, I don't see any 3x multiplier mentioned on the Travel Portal for the card... as opposed to Travel Rewards. Good for signup bonus but the other production (trip delay, baggage delay/insurance, etc... are nice but avail on CSP/CSR).

Last edited by aGeist; Oct 19, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:25 pm

Anybody know if Socal metrolink (not LA metro) ticket price counts as “travel’ category?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:27 am

Any DPs on how open this card or BOA is in general with MS?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:30 pm

Has anyone been able to get the global entry fee reimbursed...? It's been almost 3 weeks and they have no answer for as to why it hasn't been credited...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, SPG Plat, MAR Plat
Two DPs for this card:
1. I opened two PNC accounts using this card to hit the minimum spend, both coded as purchases
2. Purchased $50 AA e-Giftcards - both counted for the travel credit. Credit posted in about 7 days

UPDATE: Received bonus points today and was able to immediately redeem for a statement credit.
bearsdidit and MrShyGuy like this.

Last edited by Livingintheair; Oct 23, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Does this card give 10% bonus for just having a Bank of America checking account, as the regular trawel rewards does?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:50 pm

The points posted for me, but noticed that when I tried to redeem the points, the 50k bonus does not yield any additional amount for being a platinum member. However, the points earned for regular purchases are yielding addition 50% per dollar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.